Quote:
Originally Posted by like2short View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaveindubai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc285 View Post
I ordered the HK on mine because I have HK on my 2016 M4 and it sounds great to me. But, looking at the comments here I think I should have ordered the B&W speakers. I'll defintely do on my next car
No you dont need the B&W. Now you do need the HK over the wifi all day long, but BW, for the upgrade price its laughable.
HiFi is nothing to write home about nor is the HK. I've played with the EQ and tried FLAC audio files from a flash drive, nothing makes it sound 'great'. The audio quality is ok, nothing noteworthy and I hate saying that. I feel the HK system should be much better but it's not. This is of course my opinion and every person will have their own, to some it might be great.
All these systems are made by Harman international which is now owned by samsung. Incremental profit margins are huge as you move up in price.
I know Samsung owns Harman which includes a lot of high end auduo brands. There is an actual difference in the speakers besides the price. B&W makes some incredible sound systems in cars, HK does too just not the ones for BMW lately. B&O, which Samsung owns in part (only the Autos portion) has great sound systems like the one in my previous Audi.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0