View Single Post
      02-18-2020, 11:05 AM   #121
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Yeah, that's the kind of thing you want to say when you're already at full stride.

I think it's cool you can tease and kid around like that. You're a lucky guy. If my assessment is incorrect, just remember RICE - Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation.
I was counting on the first few seconds to get up to speed, fortunately, I was not wrong.

No, I am lucky to be sure. We are both Christians and we made a covenant before God that we're in this for better or worse and till death do us part, and God is the grounding part, the part we always come back to when we hit bumps in the marriage, because it definitely isn't without bumps and times when we are upset with each other. But I truly think it is the fact that God is at the center that allows us to not let the bumps drive a wedge between us, the fact that we both go back to that time and time again.

One thing that drives me nuts is that she cares way too deeply what others think of her as a person. Not in the sense of fashion or anything, or the latest car (she likes that stuff to a degree as long as it doesn't cost too much, but not in love with it), but whether they like her or not. Whereas me, I really couldn't care less if you don't like me. I'm still going to be me, because I like me, and I don't allow others opinions to measure my sense of self worth. I learned that in high school the hard way.

But admittedly, after 10 years of me chipping away at this with her, I honestly don't think I'm any farther ahead then when I started. I don't think I'll ever change her, so I might just admit defeat here and just ride the ups and downs, even though it mostly feels like downs since she really doesn't have any friends so she constantly thinks nobody likes her. Its depressing for me, so I can only imagine much more for her. I'm just hoping with her going down to half time work that she'll have time to make friends now - I'd really love to see her make one or two close friends that she hangs out with...that would be awesome.
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go15573.50
MKSixer34171.50
Rmtt8206.00