02-24-2020, 11:32 AM   #24
PeterPuitG
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deda View Post
My point is long term value...in 4-5 years X5 M50d or M50i will get 50 percent of original value...on the other hand 45e will only go to garbage with 100 percent loss...i wonder who will buy used hybrid car with used batteries and new tech that will come in next 5 years..on the other hand market for used M performance vehicle will always exist at least in Eastern Europe...
I would like to add that the M50i will have the same outdated technology for what self driving, infotainment and gadgets are concerned. Even more so, cause it is not even a hyrbid. If emission free zones start to appear, this effect will even be bigger.

We are also starting to see that batteries do not degrade as much over time as your typical iPhone battery does. If you read certain test they see that degradation after 5 years is fairly small and that will mean hyrbid cars with decent ranges will stay fairly valuable.

On the other hand, if taxation shifts again prices in certain regions may be impacted. But this might be the case for the M50i as well.

All in all, I think it is hard to make a case against buying a hybrid now, fair enough, hybrid technology will further improve, but the crusade against polution and CO2 will too, and maybe even more so.

I myself in the meantime, am very happy with my hybrid!
Appreciate 1
perikifi165.50