United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
I agree & think it is outrageous what BMW did with the new X5 DRL's.
If you refuse to pony up a additional $1000 you are stuck with IMO are
ridiculous looking DRL's that don't look like they belong on a BMW. No other model is doing this, even the new base 3 series has proper LED Icon DRL's. If there is anything besides the kidney grills that denote a Bimmer is's the angel eyes. I honesty don't know what they were thinking other than greed. The Laser's sound nice, except that I am clueless as to why they limited them to over 37mph to work. I should be able to use them at 5mph if I wish. Really reduces their worth.

I saw a new X5 a few days ago without the lasers & could not believe how bad the DRL's looked.
BMW like Audi and MB all distinguish their higher end headlights with different DRL's so saying it's awful would need to include the industry, not just BMW. The degree each OEM changes them is different per model but they do distinguish them regardless. I agree the X5's are more dramatic but Laser Lights aren't a huge expensive while buying a luxury vehicle so just get them if it bothers you. If the US DOT approves the fully enabled LL then you should be able to so blame our dumb laws, not BMW or other OEM's for the limited use cases. They are 110% worth the cost even if you use them once per year.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0