View Single Post
      04-12-2019, 03:04 PM   #38
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
People? you mean if you only drive in the city? I grew up in Arizona, to be specific, Scottsdale and even in that area laser lights would be very useful daily. I don't see a big reason to complain if you get the car cool, but seeing how you haven't mentioned ordering one, the outrage is unfounded. It's literally a $1k option on a $60-100k+ vehicle which is a drop in the bucket. I haven't seen people complain about a $1k standalone option (also offered in some packages which vary by country) like its the end of times. Maybe if you use them it will change your mine
Well, I am waiting to see the price & color options of the 2020 M50i coming in the fall. That's why I haven't mentioned ordering one.
Yeah I know a grand is not a big deal, just adds to what all the carmakers are doing - death by a thousand cuts. You need to add at least 10K to a X5 to get it well equipped from the base price.
But I still think it's shocking to see the neutered DRL's if you don't get the Lasers. My local dealer has 12 new X5's & none are laser, so plenty will be tooling around not looking like a BMW.
Appreciate 1