04-12-2019, 03:17 PM   #39
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Deep Sea Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Can you give us a link or two pointing to the misleading advertising?
Many examples in this thread!

We are paying $1000 for something many of us will NEVER use, know it's being used, nor really care about in the long run.

I'm not sure why high beams need to be assisted by laser technology since halogen high beams are effective and have been effective since the invention of the car.

Having the laser in the low beam makes more sense to me since that is what 100% of drivers use 100% of the time when driving at night.

But to limit the laser tech to high beam assist and speed restrictions with no user control is not what is being said in the ad for Icon adaptive LED with laser lighting technology.

It is no biggie $1,000 for an option on a $80,000 vehicle is no big deal for the buyer or anyone else BUT we have to call it what it is! Free money given to BMW for something you think you will use.

By the way I went thru a few dealerships, Crevier being one, looking at scores floor models 2019 X5 XDRIVE40I and I've not yet found one packaged with Laser.

It is either a really rare option or many initial factory 4.0I vehicles did not ship to the USA marketplace with them.
Attached Images

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW E90 MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...Mod&UcId=20832
Appreciate 1
Vervain397.50