05-26-2019, 07:42 PM   #26
wanderlustX5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by jggross View Post
That looks great. Same color I am ordering. Can you show me what the underside looks like with the off road protection? Any comments on the night vision?

There is a reverse assistant that retraces the previous 155 ft by itself- great if you have to back up on a single lane road.

Which wheels are those?

As for Subaru Outback- its a great vehicle though I did get stuck going up my mountain driveway a couple years ago. See attached.

And these are my vintage off road vehicles.
I like the night vision. It will be more useful this summer when wild animals are out haha but for pedestrians it's great. I have not taken any photos of underbody yet. I have the 20" wheels with all season tires that came with it. Also, integral active steering is superb when driving along mountain roads and inside a parking garage. If you live in mountains, I would go for off road package.
Subaru is a great car and I was going to buy it but after test driving X5, I couldn't think of a Subaru. Moreover, everyother car in Oregon is Subaru which is another reason I didn't want to buy it. And recently heard the company is going through tough times with lot of recalls and issues.
Appreciate 0