ddelX52019G05
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2019 X5 40i, Audi A7 2017

Samsung S20 - all models not yet compatible with the Digital Key Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espejo View Post
I was able to speak directly to the BMW genius, who like most of us are working remotely. He said the question about Samsung S20 working as a digital key came up that morning on their morning "catch up sessions" and the response was not yet. Their is a compatibility issue with no expected time of resolution. With COVID-19, I suspect it to be delayed even further. He suggested checking in again in about 3-4 months.
I had reached out to team that had helped with my 2019 Digital Key renewal issues and they confirm the same, no compatibility yet. Not driving much these days anyways, but will hang on to my S10+ versus losing access to the digital key service.

From the BMW ConnectedDrive Tech support team:
“I have learned that there are some issues with the S20 models which are under investigation at BMW and Samsung.
Additionally, there is also an issue within the app where it displays the compatibility screen multiple times. This issue is also under investigation.
There is not an ETA provided by BMW or Samsung regarding this so I we will just have to wait for the resolution. “
Appreciate 1