Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikheetleon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikheetleon View Post
My car was at the dealer today for this specific issue. In the computer there were 10 error incidents reported of the highvoltagebattery module. This module houses the relays for the highvoltage battery. Next week the module will be replaced by a new one, hoping that it solves the issue of switch to hybrid or starting in hybrid while it shouldn't. They will also upgrade my car software version to the latest next week. Will keep you updated!
Thx for sharing. Ps if you wait three weeks 07/2020 will probably be available.

So lots of 45e owners must be having this problem? It is posted a lot.
It's a big task which will take 2 days. They have to take out the complete high voltage battery pack. If lots of 45e owners have this issue, it must be something faulty in that module by design. I hope they will put a newer design module in my car. Otherwise I will have the same issue again in no time.

I don't want the new 07/2020 software version directly after it's released. Let someone else beta test it first. ;-)
It would be good to know if the issue is solved. Would be nice if you let us know the result.

It sounds like a lot of work. The only thing wrong is that it sometimes switches to hybrid. Or is there a bigger underlying problem?

I have the same problem as you but I just don't know if I want to take it in for 2 days and let them remove the HV battery.
Appreciate 0