View Single Post
      09-01-2020, 09:45 PM   #95
sp33dster
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 Imola Red M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130FeetDeep View Post
I would encourage you to look up the Moss-Magnusson Act. BMW is NOT above the law and they cannot deny warranty service without proving the modification caused damage to your vehicle. This kind of uninformed trash is how dealers have bullied owners for years. The informed owner will not accept that bullying and stupid stuff like that won't happen.

My dealer told me that they would void my warranty if I changed my own oil. Changed my oil! I obviously warned them of the consequences if they did that and they backed down. This idea that car manufacturers are above the law is an utter joke. You mention Moss-Magnusson to the dealer and let a dealer know you have talked to your lawyer and I assure you that they will not crap on you any more.
I never said anything about voiding your warranty, and if you had an advisor that said changing your own oil will void your warranty, you may want to find another representative to assist you.

Your VIN being flagged means we have to reach out to BMW to figure why this is the case and to what severity. This does not mean we will not cover your oil change under warranty or look at your check engine light. It means we have to take an extra step and reach out to BMW. Most enthusiasts do not want their car at the dealer for days, this just adds an extra step to the process.

The dealer is not the one who input these checks and balances. It is BMWNA. We are the one's who pass the message down to the owner, which makes us look like the asshole.

Most of my technicians and other advisors like modifications on cars. I even customer come in with VIN's being flagged and we still assist the customer and get their concerns taken care of. I even got an engine covered for one. The only reason why I posted to ease the pain you may have when you visit the dealership.
Appreciate 4
LexxM31698.50
KRS_SN13515.00
clee1982797.50
VipinLJ1941.50