Quote:
Originally Posted by maxim38rus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxim38rus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJJ View Post
Today I was driving normally on highway, suddenly the car notification kicks in, the driving assistances supported was reduced. Then I noticed the blind spot monitors no longer lights up, and tried ACC, the steering assist can't work either. Later I checked affected systems, almost all active safety protection were affected...

Does anyone had the same experience? Should I go to the dealership or wait a few days to see if it's just an software bug? Thanks!
Reminds me of the issue I had with my 6GT (see pictures attached). If your issue is the same, the KAFAS-unit may need replacing.
Yes that's what is showing on my idrive. Show long does it take to repair? Can it be done in 1 week? Thanks
More than 40 days because the dealership managed to damage my car in the middle of the process. They broke the brackets holding the KAFAS' plastic cover and damaged the front bumper of the car. As the result, the car returned to me with the front bumper painted and the windshield replaced.

Fortunately, BMW of NA repurchased that vehicle from me.
I see, thanks for the info. Seems mine have less malfunction than yours, ACC and lane departure warning still works. May not be the case whole unit is malfunction. BYW, does Marie than 40 days on repairs make sure the lemon law can kick in to have BMW repurchase the vehicle? When you get your car back it's still has defect? Thanks again
Actually, both ACC and lane departure warnings worked for me, even with that number of errors present. That's because the system consists of multiple components that back up each other. In particular, there is a radar in the front bumper that allows ACC to work w/o KAFAS.

Regarding the repurchase, - there was, let's call it, a gentleman agreement between me and BMW of NA (no lawyers, courts or anything like this). In the first place, the car left the dealership with the problem fixed. So, BMW of NA gave two options: a) to accepts a monetary compensation for what had happened to my car; b) to repurchase the car at almost full price I had paid for it. I chose (b).
Thanks again for sharing. So did you just call bmw NA after you get your car back from dealer? Telling them that the car in repair for more than 30 days? Which number or email did you reach BMW NA?
Appreciate 1