Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhangyi17 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84illini View Post
Confirmed-the 2021 X5 removes the ability to turn off auto start/stop. This was relayed to me by the genius at the dealership. It was said it was removed due to "government regulations". It was recommended to set up an individual sport profile with all comfort settings except turning off auto start stop. This way you can drive in "comfort mode without auto start/stop. The downside is you have to select this every time as comfort is the default.

Hopefully the programmers can code something!!
Count myself lucky that my MY20 I can turn it off with a click of a button. I would actually prefer to code it off by default.

The logic behind ASS is too unpredictable from driver's point of view. How many times I slow down enough to the stop sign and just about to go that ASS decided to shut down the engine. As I press the accelerator pedal, it wakes up agsin within like 200ms.... Totally useless
When I first picked up my m50i, I hated the ASS feature. I hated with a passion. However, as I drive more and more, it became less irritaing. Don't get me wrong, I still hated it. But Once I found this little timer telling me that ASS had cut off the engine 2hrs since my last refueling, I was impressed. That is 2hr less of burning petrol for nothing.
Appreciate 0