09-19-2020, 08:48 AM   #2
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post
Is this worth getting with the 20" rims on X5? It says it actively adjusts based on driving conditions (possibly speed) but does not sense the road and adjust like Mercedes does, right? Just wondering if I should spend money on that?
I have 2VR 2-axle air suspension on my G05 and ordered it for it's utility and adjustable ride comfort.

There are 3 aspects of 2VR 2-axle air suspension on the X5 - damping characteristics controlled by Driving Experience Control; when driving without a preset program, the vehicle level is adjusted automatically; and manually adjustable ride level for specific conditions.

Drive and damping characteristics of the suspension modified by the Driving Experience Control switch - Comfort, Sport and Adaptive.

DEC also affects the ride level:
Comfort - Normal level
Sport - Lowers the vehicle -20mm
Adaptive - utilizes navigation, switches between Normal, Dynamic and Sport levels

Or you can manually override the ride level and select your preferred ride height using the air suspension switch. Note there's only two drivable normal speed ride levels:

Normal: 0 to 87mph
Sport: 0-Max speed, -20mm ride level, auto or manually selectable

The other ride levels are speed-dependent include:

Offroad Level, H2: +40mm, manually selectable and only 0-18mph
High Level, H1: +20mm, manually selectable and only 0-27mph
Dynamic: -10mm, not driver selectable, auto lowers 87-124mph
Load Level: -40mm, manually selectable and only standstill

It's not at as advanced as MB's new E-ActiveBody Control suspension where the suspension system controls each wheel's spring and dampening force independently and actuating the height of each corner of the GLE in real time.

Putting the GLE vehicle in off-road mode, you can turn on the rocking feature which essentially bounces the GLE up and down for when it's stuck in sand or soft dirt by compressing the terrain, giving the vehicle more traction to free itself.

Last edited by Auricom; 09-19-2020 at 02:32 PM..
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18114.50