Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infosec View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
I have an extensive write up here:
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...38;postcount=5

Original post:
To get Air Suspension with M packaged 40i or not?
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1686765
Nice write up! thanks for the link and Info.

Q. For these below scenario's.

Does this mean that Air Suspension #3 will only be active in Sport mode and Adaptive M Suspension will be active all the time? or Now Air Suspension 2VR override Adaptive M suspension in all the driving mode?

Will I have the option to switch back and forth between Air Suspension or Adaptive M Suspension?

$150 is steal for the Air Suspension. I will txt my Sales Manager tomorrow to add it to the order.
All X5/6 suspension options are active all the time.

Optioning 2VR 2-axle air suspension will replace Adaptive M Suspension (uses steel springs and shocks) that is included with M Sport Package with air suspension struts.

Mmm how to better explain this.

Software Program
In general all X5/6/7s have Driving Experience Control: Comfort, Sport, Sport + (not on 45e), Sport Individual, Adaptive, Eco-Pro, Eco-Pro Individual. Think of DEC as driving and ride programming presets which affect driving dynamics of your vehicle: engine, transmission, steering, suspension and IAS (if optioned). The presets are activated by pressing the switches alongside the transmission shifter.

Air suspension adds an additional controller, ride height, and works in conjunction with DEC or manual override. You can set the DEC and air suspension to automatically adjust or you can set the DEC to Comfort and manually set air Suspension to Sport level. This gets into another larger discussion into DEC Sport and Eco-Pro Individual. I'll have to locate the link where I get into more detail.

Air suspension, Adaptive M and Adaptive M Pro suspension has their own software tuning the above DEC programs.

Software to Hardware Controller
Selecting one of the DEC presets signal the Electronic Damper Controller that's connected to each shock (steel or air) on how to dampen the ride.

In the case for vehicles with air suspension, the DEC presets also signals the Electronic Ride Height Control (EHC) on what level to maintain the vehicle ride height.

Hardware
Then you have the suspension hardware:
1. Steel springs and struts for standard, Adaptive M, and Adaptive M Pro
2. Air springs and struts for Air suspension

Enclosed is a visual of the suspension options:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1