VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
I don't think EsysX supports Esys 3.34. Have you verified that? I had to download a different version of Esys when I bought EsysX and setup the license.

Edit: looks like it does support Esys 3.34
Thanks for looking into it. I think it's a combination of my lack of experience, being timid, and slightly different versions.

I selected read ECU and then everything was no longer red, but they weren't the expected blue either. I proceeded with coding and had success with updating the FA file and coding the CAFD files. About to start another round. It takes much longer than I expected.
It can be nerve wrecking. What I do is after I read ECU I disconnect from the car and take my laptop inside. Read ECU essentially makes a copy of the cars CAFD files into your computer. Once you have that you don't need to be connected any longer. I like to do it this way because then I can be more comfortable and take my time with changing all the CAFD files. Once you have everything changed the way you want then you have to reconnect to the car and CODE FDL all the ECUs you changes.
Appreciate 0