View Single Post
      05-13-2016, 03:35 AM   #4
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012F10M5 View Post
I've had my M5 for a couple of years now, and I have had problems with the dealer. A fault for the Drivetrain comes on intermittently, so I called BMW a while ago, they said this happens from time to time, and if you turn the car off and on again it will go. I thought it sounded a little ridiculous at the time but it actually worked. However its now stuck on and with reduced power.

Its due for its next service on Friday, and now they say it will cost £X amount for the diagnostics as its 3 months out of warranty. I'm not too happy about this, as when it was in warranty it didn't seem to be an issue.

Before the warranty ended, I had the 'end of warranty check' done. I also had the Aircon checked as this was no longer cold, they did a pressure check to ensure there was no damage and told me it would just need a re-gas, at a cost of £187. Groupon had a deal on for £32 so I told them to leave it. I had it re-gassed and it still doesn't work! On Friday they will be checking this again too, at my cost no doubt.

Has anyone had this 'end of warranty check'? Did you receive any confirmation that it was done, and what they actually did? I was told they don't do that.

Has any one had similar issues?

Many thanks
Dont worry about the warranty mate....BMW will have a log that you highlighted the issue when the car was under warranty and that is the important thing as it does not look like BMW has done anything to rectify..Just go direct to BMW customer services and kick up a stink...THis always works for me...Dealer customer services are hit and miss but whenever I go above them and speak with BMW directly I get a good result....

Also make a point of posting your problems all over social media etc....It will get their attention especially if you name the dealer
Appreciate 0