Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
The moment body shaming became a no no... we screwed ourselves. If you don't tell a fat person they are unhealthy and offend / motivate them to change, you have created a bigger problem in itself.
Health isn't just BMI. Drinking alcohol, smoking, base jumping, free climbing, driving fast, playing too much video games, getting plastic surgery, smoking weed, eating mushrooms, these are all as much a risk to your health as eating a hamburger. If people want to shame fat people, then be prepared to stfu if you are drinking a beer more than once a day, or riding a motorcycle without a helmet, or light a cigarette. We all risk our lives in some form of another, just because we choose to do it differently doesn't mean one way is necessarily more deserving of shame than the other.

In fact I would say that shame isn't really the best way to deal with people.

What if we go beyond health to shame people? Some people have already shamed people just from what state they live in. What if we start shaming based on wealth or lack thereof? Why is it okay to shame for obesity, but not something like wealth?

"Hey fat-ass, why don't you lose some weight? My health insurance rates are high because of you."
"Hey loser, why don't you get a better job? My marginal taxes rates are high because of you."

OR

"Shame on you for being fat and not caring about your health. You fat slob!"
"Shame on you for being poor and not caring about your wealth. You loser!"

Sorry, I can't condone fat shaming, just as I cannot condone shaming someone for being less wealthy. No one is perfect, and shaming someone for being less than perfect in one thing that we just happen to be better at is probably more about us trying to feed our own egos.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
Lups11826.50