View Single Post
      02-24-2019, 11:18 AM   #7
2016M4DVR
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by smovva View Post
I am doing PCD for the first time ever and unsure on how the timelines work. Mine was ordered Feb 18th and still in order received status, waiting for production slot and dealer says my build week is likely April 1st week as I have a 3rd row. Curious how long from when car is built to when you got your PCD date assigned? Also when do you actually go to local dealer to take care of payment and paper work? When car is finished building or when PCD date assigned?

I searched the forums and most were for euro delivery and I was not sure how Spartanburg works; if I missed a previous post that answered these questions, please be gentle and point me to it!!

Thanks!
I can't answer those questions. My first trip there.
Here's about all I know-

All paperwork is completed at dealership prior to arrival. The vehicle is built and ready up to 2 weeks before.
Our build still shows "factory has scheduled production" no other info.
This was the first available PCD day available, post build.
I placed the order on Jan 30. It took 2 weeks (for me) to get a production #. The build tracker shows no progress as of yet.
Not sure what the hold up was in our case. It wasn't a big deal so I didn't dig for details. Possible dealer had # in advance of passing it along to me.

Edit- Just checked and our car now has a VIN # and is showing production starts today.
Appreciate 0