View Single Post
      12-27-2018, 08:26 AM   #18
denniss
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Thanks you. I reported my journey on a previous thread but as a recap: We worked hard for a month together finding my 50i. The ordering codes were a nightmare and even most dealers couldn’t get a perfect order together. I was very picky and it was a emotional roller coaster. We both are car guys and he appreciated me helping the team so much and it was advantageous I get involved to assure I get what I want. We basically searched the entire country. No distance was off the table to go get one. Turns out the 50i M-Sport is only 3% of the X5 dealer stock of the entire country. Out of those 3%, the ordering errors were unbelievable. Errors like no adaptive cruise on a $96k optioned 50i?? Or no M brakes on a $98k vehicle?? Long story short, if you are after a 50i option perfectly, ride your build out unless you are ready for a frustrating search. You will have much easier time for a 40i but that doesn’t mean the dealer will give up a high optioned one on a dealer trade. The M-watch, M hat, t-shirts, and other swag were a thank you for being so patient and volunteering your own valuable time. I will be buying from them again.

They let me run around for a day in this clean preowned i8 while we searched for my vehicle. I have my eye on a M850 in the showroom. Being a long time Porsche guy, they want to convert all my rides over to BMW.

ouch that sounds like a headache. why didnt you want to just order the car the way you wanted ? This is my second custom ordered x5 and i would never do it any other way.
Appreciate 0