View Single Post
      10-12-2020, 04:51 PM   #70
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

The profile that is maintained (or remembered) is the last profile used. So if you were driving and turned the vehicle off...and did NOT lock the vehicle when you left...the next person that goes to the car will be greeted with your profile since it was the last remote that communicated with the vehicle (with a type of "handshake").

If you LOCKED the vehicle...and someone else came back to the car...whether they used the remote to unlock the doors, or used CA (comfort access)...the vehicle should respond to their profile since it would be the last remote that communicated with the vehicle ("handshake"). The CA system has aerials that pick up the remote fob when in close proximity...so if you use CA to unlock the vehicle or if you manually use the remote fob to unlock the vehicle...that will be the last remote that communicated with the vehicle.

That's how I'm looking at it.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0