04-14-2021, 01:36 PM   #2726
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Did this sideways dumpster fire ever improve? The girlfriend wanted me to start watching it with her on Sundays, when we first got together. I started the show with episode 1 of whatever season it was that Negan loved up Glen real nice with the bat. Great start to getting into a show. Every damn episode after was nothing short of complete garbage. The last episode I watched was when Corals daddy got evac'd in the helicopter. I can only hope it got better from there. The story, the characters and the acting was just complete shite.

I don't discount that at one point the show was really good. Had to be the seasons before I started watching. The girlfriend was a die-hard fan and she stopped watching before I did. I kept waiting for something to happen, aside from a bunch of talking and back-stabbery. Also, this show has the slowest, weakest and easiest to kill zombies of any Zombie movie/TV show. Makes it hard to recreate the mindset of terror when they are basically the walking dead version of whack-a-mole. Shit, I still have nightmares about whack-a-mole.
Well it's hard to say for sure. I stopped watching the series after season 6 or so. Just didn't have the time to keep up so I ended up recording about 4 seasons worth on my DVR. Finally one day and as a result of COVID, I found myself with more time to watch TV. I figured WTF, I have all those old episodes to watch and I invested a lot of time in it already so I decided to give it a go. There were no doubt some stupid story lines and boring episodes mixed throughout, but some were also quite good. I think it may have been seasons 9 and 10 that pleasantly surprised me. A new group of villains appeared.

Jumping to the season finale of the most recent season (11?), it was really good and if you're interested in Negan. That single episode alone explained a shit load about why he became the asshole he did.

Overall I'd have to say I'm glad I watched the series.

On the other hand, I think I liked the spinoff "Fear the Walking Dead" better. Much better than I had expected and there a little bit of crossover with TWD in terms of characters which is interesting. FTWD has more depth in character presentation IMO.
Appreciate 1