nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scbang View Post
My BMW X5 45e was always responding to my cellphone app. Now, I left the car in another state 2 months ago and all was fine. All of a sudden on 9/27 vehicle stop responding and I can not connect to my car. It does not update the status only saying last updated status was on 9/27. Horn, lock, lights, nothing works. I am not even sure it's still there. Is there anything I ( or BMW dealer ) can do to track down the car location?

SC
there were recent data privacy updates that were pushed to vehicles. I recall one in September around that time. When this happens, I noticed the settings go back to the default NO SERVICE. at this setting, I don't get any status updates from the MyBMW server, and i can't remote view either until I select ALL SERVICES.

recently, I'm somewhat in the same boat as you as my vehicle is at the dealership for a recall resolution, and it stopped updating its status on 10/21 which coincided with a data privacy update on the 2-series they loaned me. I'm betting the data privacy notification on my vehicle that's in the shop reverted back to default NO SERVICES again.
Appreciate 0