08-23-2019, 07:17 PM   #7
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Ha! There is no evidence of a real engineer in sight anywhere near CD software or systems — no chance anyone there even knows what FMEA or any other term related to real engineering and reliability means.
Failed Miserably Expect Agony?

At first I thought that since the G05 was new, as with any new sophisticated system, troubles would abound...and they did. Now the 2020's are out, meaning BMW has had a year to gather failure data, including any FMEA of their own and crank in the solutions.
Hardware solutions take a while, you have to prove the solution, order parts, get replacements out to dealers, blah blah, but software solutions are quicker to install. So I am perplexed as I read new posts with the same software issues as owners first had, still unsolved. Really disappointing to hear owners post that they went to their dealer with software based issues and were told..."oh, the connected drive network is down". I don't know better and am of the opinion this is just a smoke screen now.

I have not lost the faith but its now easier to continue waiting before buying. The issue with that is it gives me more time to go look elsewhere
Appreciate 0