08-04-2019, 09:11 AM   #7
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by natahoa View Post
I received my CCA $1,000 rebate last week, about July 29. Took possession of my car june7, and applied for the rebate about a week later. I purchased my membership in early May when I ordered the car.

Also, when you order a car you get the best incentive offered either in the month you order, or the month it is delivered. So, if incentives are better on delivery than they were when you ordered, you get the better incentives.
How it works is you apply with BMWFS for credit approval. You have 60 days from approval to take delivery and you may use incentives available during that period.

BMW does not specifically permit use of incentives at time of order. In your case being a US build you likely took delivery within 60 days of order so that works out for you. For many ordering European builds, they aren't able to get delivery within 60 days due to transit time.

To be clear, get your BMWFS credit approval when you see good incentives and hope for them to get better by delivery time.

For 2020 orders, don't expect much in incentives, other than a loyalty incentive, until October or November. Usually the winter sales drive that begins around US Thanksgiving is the start of incentive season.