Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter11 View Post
Hi,

I got my car in April and it came with November software. I have patiently watched as everyone dealt with various software updates to fix various issues they were having. I recently received an email (as I know most of you did too) stating that it was time to bring my car in for its first software update. I took it in and asked them to check the cornering lights and the laser headlights. They installed the 7/2019.53 software.

The cornering lights they flat out stated that they work. And of course, after the software update they do. That said, the local Genius did not even know what the feature was.

The shop commented on my laser lights confirming that I do in fact have them and that they work. I asked how they confirmed it. They said, well, they turn on. I pointed out that my understanding is that in most conditions the light being used is in fact LED for both low and high beam. Only when traveling over 37 mph on a very dark road would the laser light be active. They told me I am crazy.

My questions are:

Is my understanding correct? Laser is never on except under specific conditions above 37 MPH.

Is it correct that the lights are otherwise simply LED in both low beam and high beam settings?

Lastly, is it correct that one must have the automatic headlight setting on (the button on the end of the turn signal stalk) for the lasers to come on above 37 mph?

Lastly, my connected drive now works, with the exception of the 3d remote view. I called BMW and they said it has been disabled for at least a month. Is that what everyone is experiencing?
I hope these two videos will answer your questions.. ..

Appreciate 0