View Single Post
      09-19-2019, 05:32 PM   #8
MotoWPK
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 128i vert, '14 X5 40i

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but as follow up to my previous post in response to the OP's comment about being told remote 3d view had been disabled...
Remote 3d view, when accessed within the phone app, would continue to immediately display the message that it wasn't enabled in the car, when in fact it is.
Called CD support, spent a long time going over the history and the rep states that I need to update the car. Updated the car then, just before ending the call, the rep states that it's been explained to her that BMW is aware that remote 3d view, especially on the X5, is "up and down". So, further confirmation that the info provided by some reps that remote 3d view has been disabled is utter nonsense.
One other thing - while the CD rep was trying to explain to me the menus to follow to initiate the update in the vehicle, it was apparent to me she was reading from instructions for a menu that is other than iDrive 7.0 as implemented in an X5. The level of compentency in CD support is horribly poor and, it appears to me, it is significantly due to woefully inadequate training and a lack of access to information on the part of the reps.
Appreciate 0