01-02-2020, 06:23 PM   #11
swedesc
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Volvo S60

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
I think BMW is churning out new models with new tech in an impressive pace. SUVs are were it’s at today and BMW has a fresh fleet across the board.

What boggles my mind is that Toyota/Lexus is still in business...their luxury SUV fleet is beyond reprehensible at this point and that buyers aren’t in a full out strike is a mystery.

Lx - 13years old
Gx- 11 years old
Land Cruiser 13 years old
Sequoia- 13 years old

The 4Runner carries a near luxury price tag and is 11 years old with halogen lights and a 5speed.

Now that is lack of innovation towards consumers.
BMW is doing just fine in comparison.
B/c obviously all Americans don't share the same interests. Not everyones going to flock to BMW or Mercedes even if they were same price as a Toyota. Many people love the 4Runner for it's rugged looks and for the fact that it's not luxurious. My neighbor bought a new Land Cruiser which start close to 90k. She got rid of her Range Rover for it. I asked her why and she said it would last much longer and had nicer driving position. Personally, it's not a car I would ever buy for that much money especially when it just looks like a bigger highlander for more than twice the price.
Appreciate 0