01-31-2020, 09:47 PM   #27
Fast Intentions
RELAPSED MOD ADDICT
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 F80 *202 F97*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
The M50i is brand new for 2020.... and while it shares the engine from the previous year's m850i.... the intake system is completely different.

I've looked.... trust me.

I've bought a few "first year" cars over the years.... the ones that come to mind were my 2006 WRX (first year for 2.5L).... a 2016 340i (first year for B58 engine)... and now, the M50i.

Realistically.... it will be late 2020 by the time we see anything intake/exhaust related. But.... the Chinese will flood the market first with garbage products with no R&D done... so don't be tempted to jump as soon as you see something.

K&N is generally very quick.... 6 months or so. As soon as I pick up my car, I'm going to accurately measure the filter, and see if K&N has another one of the same size. If not, I expect them to release something soon anyway.
Parts are coming. Be patient. Just like the X3M the car has to be out for at least 8-12 months before you start seeing some mods for It.

I heard bootmod3 is beta testing the M50i tunes now, those should be good for 100-120 WHP. Downpipes Im assuming ER will be first on the scene r33_RGSport would be the guy to speak to about all of It as I purchased my tune from him. He has all the plugs.

Intakes will probably be a bitch, just like they were with m550i. That's been out forever and only 1 guy makes the intakes for them. So don't expect any intakes to be honest.

Like you I'm also super impatient for bolt ones for my F97!
Mods: Evolution Racewerkes Downpipes / Maximum PSI Front Mount Intakes / Active Autowerkes Mid Pipe / JB4 Stage 3 (Bluetooth) / BMS Meth Kit / AKRAPOVIC CF Tips / VORSTEINER VFF101 Wrapped in Hankook Ventus V12.2's / BMS 12/15MM Spacers Mode Carbon Spoiler / M Performance CF Lip / RW DTM CF Diffuser / RW CF Mirrors / RW CF Fender Inserts / RW CF Grills
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport12915.50