View Single Post
      06-27-2023, 05:20 PM   #81
D-DUBB-99
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive 50e

Latest update (6/27):

Spoke with SA moments ago... BMW NA instructed them to do 3 battery cycles. That involves charging the car, then depleting the battery 3 times, then call them back. I asked how they deplete, and he said they drive it. The thought of a technician running errands in my car for 42 miles 3 times doesn't thrill me.

I logged into the app several times today to see where the car was and if it was charging. Every time it showed that it was connected to the charger and was fully charged. I have doubts it was depleted. If it was, it's quite the coincidence that car was in the same place with the same full battery every time I checked. I'm not optimistic that this is the solution, but at least they have to check the box.

The SA is out tomorrow, so I'll get back with him on Thursday to see where things stand. Luckily, they finally have a 2023 X5 loaner waiting for me (they don't have 2024 X5 loaners in the fleet), so I'll swing by and grab it in the morning.

6/28 update: They gave me an iX. They don't have an X5 for me at the moment and I don't have a Level 2 charger at home. Thankfully I don't HAVE to use the car (we have others), but happy to have it around in a pinch. Also, the iX is weird and I don't like the interior. :-)

Last edited by D-DUBB-99; 06-28-2023 at 07:47 AM..
Appreciate 0