View Single Post
      10-09-2023, 03:03 PM   #112
SplendidCamel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnx5er View Post

4. Prefer the overall drive of the 40i. It is obviously lighter than the 45e but I prefer this suspension over the 45e air suspension.
6. Seats, love the base sport seats. For me much nicer than the luxury seats in comfort.
I had a '23 45e loaner and I liked how smooth the air suspension was while still having no lean in the corners. The '22 40i suspension is excellent, but I thought the '23 45e air suspension was even better. After driving the 45e loaner, I was thinking that my next vehicle might be an X5 45e. Since you have had more time with the air suspension, what do you like better about the 40i adaptive suspension?

I agree that the '22 luxury seats could be more comfortable. I wonder if it is harder to make comfortable seats with the massage function. The '22 luxury seats are good for most driving, but I will get some sore muscles after a five hour drive. Even with the adjustable bolsters I feel like I'm sitting on the seats instead of in the seats. When I compare with the Mercedes sport seats that are super comfortable, I think the Mercedes seats have more spring in the seat cushion which helps on long drives and bumpy roads. The '22 luxury seats aren't bad, they just can't compare with the Mercedes sport seats which are the most comfortable seats I have ever had.
Appreciate 0