View Single Post
      07-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #18
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm5bullit View Post
I got the AMS catted downpipes installed at the dealer today and they were able to get the job done fairly quickly. I went by to pick the car up this afternoon and check out their work.

I started it up in their customer delivery area and I was just flat amazed by the sound difference. Instantly reminded me of the older Turbo 911's with regards to the slightly raspy sound and turbo noises. It is, without a doubt, the single best performance mod out there, IMO, for the F10 M5. While I was busy paying the install bill, an M3 owner and a couple of the Service employees asked me to start it and rev the car. They were equally blown away by the sound from just the catted DP's. The Service Mgr. also asked me to start and fully agreed with our impression of the exhaust sound.

Thanks, Nate, for giving me all of the information I needed to make the decision between the catted and catless. I am an older hotrodder and I can tell you that this exhaust sound fills my needs. Roll down your window when you want to hear that nasty turbo growl or roll it up when you don't. Again, the best performance mod for the buck.

Sounds awesome---- sorry if I read too quickly but did you get a CEL with these?
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0