01-15-2021, 06:04 AM   #98
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Fan View Post
Great comparison. I think the new X5 is going to look great in person. The wide flanks make it look M-ish. The M version will be boss.
The new X5 has more of a muscular SUV look. The F15 is more feminine with a cleaner exterior. On the interior the the controls are better organized and has an overall cleaner look in the new. The old F15 has real fender grills but they are fake on the new and look out of place to me. Since the new has both axle air suspensions it can sit lower and the stance looks nicer IMHO.

I'll take the interior of the new with the exterior of the old.

Having spent some time on both now, the overall comfort and space is pretty much the same in both, with the F15 having adjustable rear seats that is missing on the new.

I am not a big fan of big front grills so that might cloud some of my aesthetics. I know BMW had to change the design to keep it interesting and the team did a great job by focusing on making it more muscular but surprised how the increase in size did not lead to more space inside - the rear is still more cramped than the Q7 for instance. I also prefer the grain on the Dakota leather vs. the smoother Vernasca leather. But the interior on the new X5 looks great - probably one of the best BMW interior.

Last edited by FCX5; 01-15-2021 at 06:41 AM..
Appreciate 1