View Single Post
      11-13-2023, 06:11 AM   #4
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by six View Post
Oh such useful info as I have the same issue. I’ve been thinking it’s just that I’ve not set it up right but since day one I’ve not had a single sniff from the ambient air (apart from opening the cartridges to put in the unit in the glove box )

I was thinking I’ll have to raise with my dealer next week as I’d come to the conclusion I’m actually not doing anything wrong and it’s actually not working at all!

TBH it’s been a bit frustrating as I’ve used up a good bit of time fiddling with setting and taking the cartridges out and putting back in. It’s a shame we can’t be notified of known issues like this to save all the time and effort trying to make it work when in fact it wont.
Yes, I was also fiddling with it. But I had it on my 45e and I was doing everything correct. I even installed also another cartridge Amberblack No2 which has a very penetrating smell that you smell directly. But I still couldn't smell it.
We did a roadtrip in Germany the past week and when coming home the cartridges were still 100%.

I hoped something was wrong so they could replace the unit. But now you have to wait for at least 6 months in the hope BMW releases a bugfix for it. But I paid for this feature...

But that the ioniser isn't working is for me a bigger concern.

My dealer is going to contact BMW to get some more info about this.
Appreciate 0