View Single Post
      04-20-2024, 11:37 PM   #10
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Unlike say the 12vdc AGM battery, when off, there isn’t any load on the HBV, so it would not run down…it has a very low self-discharge rate.

It seems like between taxes and the ready availability of public charging, the whole scheme can easily change between not only states in the US, but also different countries around the world.

It’s quite pleasant, at least for me, to just waft along on the EV motor versus even when the ICE is on in more spirited driving.

The latest mild hybrid version is nice, too, but it’s not the same. For some people, they can easily go many months in between filling the tank, but then go on a longer trip, and you have the convenience of just refilling the tank quickly. Except for longer trips, I can easily go as much as six months before I have to refill my tank.

The cost of fuel in Europe is often a LOT higher than in the USA, and using charging on the PHEV, even at a public station that tends to be higher than home, may work out cheaper, too. It depends on how far you typically drive before you can recharge, the tax advantage, and your feeling on the environment.
Appreciate 1
franxx6.50