Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eelnoraa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by franxx View Post
Thanks for the answers again.

I live in the Netherlands in an apartment complex but the public charger network is very good here. I have probably more than 20 chargers within 2 min walk from my apartment, 4 right outside the door. And rarely they are all 4 always being used at the same time. And from what I read, even when using public chargers you save money compared to using gasoline.
My car, however, sleeps in a separate garage (which by the way stays quite warm even in winter).
Don’t charge 45e is fine, HVB is never fully depleted anyway.

Location also matters a lot. Quite a few commented here about not recommending PHEV without home charging (myself included), live in US where public charging infra is very behind European countries. Not being able to charge at home is a major pain. Since you are in a different country, maybe take this as grain of salt. We have very little idea what it is like at you location.
there’s something to consider…

being in the Netherlands, you have very cold winters. if your usable capacity is fully discharged and vehicle sits outside overnight, the HVB can get ‘cold soaked’ meaning no electrons will flow whatsoever until it warms up. when this happens and you start your vehicle, you’ll have greatly reduced power as the electric motor is completely offline and unable to provide any assistance to the engine via eAssist. adding to this, you can’t precondition prior to entering the vehicle, and the heater will not operate immediately upon starting the vehicle, so your cabin will be very cold for several minutes.

while this may not be an issue since you keep it inside a warm garage, know this can occur if you happen to be away from your garage overnight, say on a winter weekend getaway.

because of the extreme cold temps your vehicle may be exposed to, know the HVB has an operational cold temperature limit of 21°F (-6°C), so again, electrical drive may cease even with a fully charged HVB**

**the check control message below is one example of the HVAC system being deactivated; this time because its usable capacity was fully discharged. similar check control messages will display when the HVAC is deactivated due to either being too warm or too cold
Attached Images

Last edited by nZtiZia; 04-21-2024 at 10:37 AM..
Appreciate 1
franxx6.50