Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 550i

Garage List
2011 F10 550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by joonsup View Post
Thanks for your advice Calgary. As i am a beginner I think the lens that the kit comes with will be sufficient enough for me until i learn more of how to become a better photographer. At first I wanted a camera to take pictures of my car, but I would like to be able to take pictures of other things as well ie people, nature, etc..
LOL ..... The lens that comes with the body (at least for the Canon) is sh*t. Let me dig mine out .... it's in the bottom of my bag, where it's been since I replaced it with some higher end Canon glass.

Here it is, Canon EFS 18-55 (zoom). What a piece of cr*p. Fortunately I knew the quality of the photos from my new camera were suffering due to the quality of lens, and simply bought some superior glass. Save yourself a lot of frustration and skip the 18-55 lens ..... get yourself the EFS 10-18 if you want some quality shots of your car. A portrait lens (something close to 85mm) would also be recommended.

BTW ... the XTi (and all Digital SLR's) have what's called a focal length conversion factor (1.6 for the XTi). Be aware that any lens you use will have an effective focal length of 1.6 times what appears on lens .....
Appreciate 0