Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portocale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
Mine was ordered in May and delivered in Belgium December (2 months delayed). I think the current really long waiting times are a combination of Covid related delays , battery recall and high demand.

I hardly saw any G05 X5 in Belgium until 45e deliveries started.

Taxes are so high nobody buys a diesel SUV anymore if a low CO2 PHEV is available. Most of these cars are company cars and the owner is taxed privately to drive it based on CO2.

When driving and I see a new SUV they are mostly X5 45e and GLE 350de. Cayenne, Q7, XC90 are not interesting anymore.
My question is : if our tax will be 0 or, let s say, 500 euro/year you would choose a PHEV or a diesel?
I like driving the 45e. Electric for lower speed 6 cylinder for higher. For the same price I would chose the 45e above the 30/40d. I went from a 40e to a 40d and missed the electric drive around town.

If for the same price I would be able to buy a 50i, I would take the V8.

Unfortunately we are talking about tax differences of more than 10K a year.

If in 3 years the iX5 is available with a good range and good charging infrastructure I would consider it. If a german car company had a serious model X alternative (range and performance) I would buy it.
Appreciate 1