BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-23-2019, 04:35 AM   #1
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Profile Login at Start Up

I didn’t want to revive any old posts, but has anyone else had to log in to their CD profile every time they get into the car? It randomly started happening, but I made sure my profile was synced, the key and all were recognized under that profile. I logged into the guest account and deleted everything off my phone and the car, and changed my CD password. Hoping this fixed it, but who knows. Let me know if anyone else is having or had this problem. Can’t stand the car automatically starting up to Taylor swift radio on the guest account any longer!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 08:17 PM   #2
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Mine did that when I first got it. The wrong password was saved and to fix it I switched to the guest account and then back to my account to force the login. I then wiped out the saved password and entered it again and that took care of the problem.
Appreciate 1
      12-23-2019, 08:43 PM   #3
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
I didn't want to revive any old posts, but has anyone else had to log in to their CD profile every time they get into the car? It randomly started happening, but I made sure my profile was synced, the key and all were recognized under that profile. I logged into the guest account and deleted everything off my phone and the car, and changed my CD password. Hoping this fixed it, but who knows. Let me know if anyone else is having or had this problem. Can't stand the car automatically starting up to Taylor swift radio on the guest account any longer!
I had this at the start. BMW Canada "support" was less than useless, actively stupid. I posted about what solved it for me no thanks to BMW, but that was in late May or June, will try to find. It was something along the lines of your approach.
      12-24-2019, 06:08 AM   #4
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Thank you both. I found an old thread from TurtleBoy , which might have been the same one as you LexxM3 ...I logged out of mine, went into the guest and deleted my profile and all vehicle data. I changed my password on the CD portal, and also deleted my CD iOS app. So after nuking everything, I started back up from scratch and all is working great. I, like an idiot, was not paying attention and did all my settings and what not under the guest profile. So I had to start back over...it was good practice.

Thanks again fellas.
Appreciate 0