Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

08-01-2020, 06:07 PM   #1
Crawford0719
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP

ZCP jb4 map 1&2 vs map 5

Hello, I wanted to give my input and get others opinions and hopefully a dyno sheet for a map 5 ZCP car if possible! My car is a 2020 ZCP DCT on 93 octane at sea level. I recently installed jb4 only. Car is stock expect for jb4 only. I started out map 1. Car felt strong but did not have a lot of time with this before I switched to map 2 which I was told by burger is good with no down pipes but needs 93 octane. Car ran strong! A lot of torque but the top end died out too quick for my liking. Today I started testing map 5 which feels very stock like at the moment but just did some good pulls and in my opinion is faster than map 2 although doesn't pull as hard torque wise. The top end really struggles on map 2. I cannot find map 5 dyno sheets anywhere. There is a thread but the dyno sheets won't come up for me. Is this stock torque with higher top end? Is it a little more torque than stock? Feels great as the car is adapting to it more. Maybe even safer crank hub wise due to a stock like ramp up without so much in your face torque? I would love some input on others opinions on this and experiences!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 10:22 PM   #2
Ropes
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 CS

I have tried all three maps and prefer map 5 due to the linear power. It feels stockish with the volume turned up. I did some times pulls a while back and yes map 5 was faster out right. In normal day to day map 2 is faster due to the massive increase in the mid range. To me, the stock/map 5 midrange is plenty for the tires and the strong pull to redline in map 5 is amazing.
Appreciate 1
      08-01-2020, 11:41 PM   #3
cookiesncream
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1245843
      08-02-2020, 10:06 AM   #4
sicck_m4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 Yas Marina M4

I'm running JB4+BEF map 5 on pump 91 without issues. I prefer the linear power. Although map 2 is more power mid range, map 5 power is reserved at the high rpms. I've ran map 7 on full e85 at the drag strip and hit 11.3@127mph with street tires.

Appreciate 1
      08-02-2020, 12:01 PM   #5
Crawford0719
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropes View Post
I have tried all three maps and prefer map 5 due to the linear power. It feels stockish with the volume turned up. I did some times pulls a while back and yes map 5 was faster out right. In normal day to day map 2 is faster due to the massive increase in the mid range. To me, the stock/map 5 midrange is plenty for the tires and the strong pull to redline in map 5 is amazing.
I just installed some kies upgraded paddles and went for another blast today. Map 5 is strong and I feel like my ZCP factory mapping likes this map more. This is what I imagined the jb4 like. Map 2 torque is crazy but doesn't feel even close to as precise or correct as map 5. I also am feeling more comfortable crank hub wise without so much extra torque.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 08:38 AM   #6
sicck_m4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 Yas Marina M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford0719 View Post
I just installed some kies upgraded paddles and went for another blast today. Map 5 is strong and I feel like my ZCP factory mapping likes this map more. This is what I imagined the jb4 like. Map 2 torque is crazy but doesn't feel even close to as precise or correct as map 5. I also am feeling more comfortable crank hub wise without so much extra torque.
Map 5 pulls really nice on the higher rpms. I'm running a back end flash via MHD. Flash ecu map pack free from burgertuning to work stacked with the JB4. You just have to purchase the MHD license. Definitely a great upgrade when you're ready for even more power. With the back end flash you can run higher percentage of e85 mix, up to a full tank of e85

Appreciate 0