BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-13-2023, 04:22 PM   #1
470167462a
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7

Question Does EV tax credit cap include destination fee?

Hi all

Sorry if this was answered before. I am looking to order an X5 50e. The total price I configured on the BMW website is 79,750. But adding the destination fee, it will be 80,745. Since it shows “MSRP as build” and “total MSRP” for two prices, I am confused which number is the 80,000 cap for EV credit?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2023, 04:29 PM   #2
mlurker
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by 470167462a View Post
Hi all

Sorry if this was answered before. I am looking to order an X5 50e. The total price I configured on the BMW website is 79,750. But adding the destination fee, it will be 80,745. Since it shows “MSRP as build” and “total MSRP” for two prices, I am confused which number is the 80,000 cap for EV credit?

Thanks!
Destination fee is not counted.

From here: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/topic-b...vehicle-credit

The MSRP will be on the vehicle information label attached to each vehicle on a dealer's premises. The MSRP for this purpose is the base retail price suggested by the manufacturer, plus the retail price suggested by the manufacturer for each accessory or item of optional equipment physically attached to the vehicle at the time of delivery to the dealer. It does not include destination charges or optional items added by the dealer, or taxes and fees.
Appreciate 3
      09-13-2023, 08:42 PM   #3
470167462a
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlurker View Post
Destination fee is not counted.

From here: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/topic-b...vehicle-credit

The MSRP will be on the vehicle information label attached to each vehicle on a dealer's premises. The MSRP for this purpose is the base retail price suggested by the manufacturer, plus the retail price suggested by the manufacturer for each accessory or item of optional equipment physically attached to the vehicle at the time of delivery to the dealer. It does not include destination charges or optional items added by the dealer, or taxes and fees.
Thanks for the info, really appreciate it!
Appreciate 0