Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130FeetDeep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
I agree with you, unfortunately BMW probably did this for some reason none of us will ever know. I would be annoyed too don't get me wrong. I have a 3 year membership that I'll probably make a lifetime then forget about these issues. it's not that expensive and what they've given for rebates already would easily cover that cost. I think this is the best solution for the future
If lifetime was the new requirement and they would honor the rebate, then I would do that today. I am just saying that changing midstream to make it impossible for me to meet the requirement is wrong. Maybe adjust to 5 years or lifetime to allow those who are waiting to be included. Feeling like you aren’t important stinks when people like me followed the rules.

If I am left on the sideline because of a rule change while I have already ordered and am waiting is wrong. For me, it would be enough to never do business with CCA again. I would hope the club considers finding a way to include those of us waiting for our vehicle that we already paid money for. I have emailed them a follow up to this point.
I agree with you. don't get me wrong some people come on where to complain about MPG or dumb stuff so I apologise for coming off the wrong way initially.

If BMWCCA says they'll honor it let us know!
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 04:36 PM   #90
130FeetDeep
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
I agree with you. don't get me wrong some people come on where to complain about MPG or dumb stuff so I apologise for coming off the wrong way initially.

It is kind of funny to see the “1st world complaints”. I went this route to get the twin turbo V8.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 05:41 PM   #91
DgjoX6M2016
F86, G05, E91
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86 X6M

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
No I won’t just out of principal. Actually could be considered fraud or false advertising to promote a benefit of membership
on day of signup then deny it.
This is exactly how I feel and I hope others do as well. I will never have anything to do with BMWCCA again if they fraudulently change the rules midstream. I already ordered while their rules clearly state the rebate applies.
Changes midstream, ie after you joined with the 3 year immediate deal, isn't quite fair.

Other than that, the finances of immediate rebate make no sense.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 05:52 PM   #92
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DgjoX6M2016 View Post
Changes midstream, ie after you joined with the 3 year immediate deal, isn't quite fair.

Other than that, the finances of immediate rebate make no sense.
Read my response to your previous post. The rebates come from BMWNA not BMWCCA.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 05:59 PM   #93
130FeetDeep
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Read my response to your previous post. The rebates come from BMWNA not BMWCCA.
No one is arguing this fact. However the info is plainly posted on their page now. Clearly they are using it to increase CCA memberships and therefore they share some of the responsibility. It is not like they didn’t stand to make out better from the rebates. If they didn’t care then they wouldn’t have it blazing on their front page.

It is disingenuous to place responsibility solely on BMWNA.

Last edited by 130FeetDeep; 12-21-2019 at 07:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 06:01 PM   #94
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
No one is arguing this fact. However the info is plainly posted on their page now. Clearly they are using it to increase CCA memberships and therefore they share some of the responsibility. It is not like they didn’t stand to make our better from the rebates. If they didn’t care then they wouldn’t have it blazing on their front page.

Will you guys please read the posts prior to commenting on them? Twice now DgjoX6M2016 has said the exact thing you said no one is arguing. I'm just trying to get him to understand that the rebates do not come from the revenue from the membership fees but rather from BMWNA. None of my posts regarding that fact was commenting on the situation with the rule changes.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 06:08 PM   #95
130FeetDeep
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Will you guys please read the posts prior to commenting on them? Twice now DgjoX6M2016 has said the exact thing you said no one is arguing. I'm just trying to get him to understand that the rebates do not come from the revenue from the membership fees but rather from BMWNA. None of my posts regarding that fact was commenting on the situation with the rule changes.
Fair enough.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 06:39 PM   #96
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

It is kind of funny to see the “1st world complaints”. I went this route to get the twin turbo V8.
of coruse, I find them rather funny, then again my sense of humor is rather crude
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 06:50 PM   #97
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

Quote:
No one is arguing this fact. However the info is plainly posted on their page now. Clearly they are using it to increase CCA memberships and therefore they share some of the responsibility. It is not like they didn’t stand to make our better from the rebates. If they didn’t care then they wouldn’t have it blazing on their front page.

Absolutely, nicely said, to claim otherwise is absurd.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 07:16 PM   #98
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
This is what's on both my rebate checks, FWIW:

Name:  20191221_190942.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  185.5 KB
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 10:42 PM   #99
Thewolfbmw
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Competition (G80)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
I got two rebates this year with two new BMW purchases. The first one was when I purchased my X5 this time last year. It took 3 months to get the first check and 3 weeks for the second rebate check this summer from my M2C purchase. The club is worthy to join regardless of the rebates.
How were you able to get 2 rebates? It was my understanding that 1 rebate per membership per calendar year.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 06:18 AM   #100
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
This is what's on both my rebate checks, FWIW:

Attachment 2203313
We understand that. This is the BMWCCA front page as of this morning 12/22. Right under the join for 3 years is this - what could be more straightforward?.

Become immediately eligible to apply for a Vehicle Rebate

Name:  Screenshot_2019-12-22 BMW Car Club of America.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  127.3 KB
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 07:47 AM   #101
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

In general, you should never believe that what is on a web site is correct, up to date, or in any way legally binding. The way web sites are managed makes it just about impossible for them to be up to date or correct about business terms.

Note that in the terms of use for the BMWCCA web site state:

"This site does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information or products discussed."

My guess is that if you join today with a three-year membership and you go to apply for your rebate before Jan 1 the rebate page will say there is one rebate available to you. But if you go to apply for a rebate on or after Jan 1 who knows what it will say?

BTW I applied for my rebate in August. It was approved by CCA about two weeks later. That just means CCA forwarded it onto BMW NA. I still haven't received a check.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 09:01 AM   #102
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

"BMW NA reserves the right to make program changes without prior notification."

BMWCCA can offer and do what they want, but as people mentioned before...it falls on BMWNA. Maybe it is a shady way to get more members, but BMW is going to do what BMW is going to do.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 09:27 AM   #103
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Guys,

Your both correct. In my case I'm told my allocation will be Jan with
delivery likely Feb, so I don't know what will happen with the rebate.
In any case I am calling BMWCCA tomorrow, find out what the deal is.
If I'm ok, great, if not they are refunding my 3 year membership. Just giving it a shot here.
Appreciate 1
      12-22-2019, 09:32 AM   #104
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post
In general, you should never believe that what is on a web site is correct, up to date, or in any way legally binding. The way web sites are managed makes it just about impossible for them to be up to date or correct about business terms.

Note that in the terms of use for the BMWCCA web site state:

"This site does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information or products discussed."

My guess is that if you join today with a three-year membership and you go to apply for your rebate before Jan 1 the rebate page will say there is one rebate available to you. But if you go to apply for a rebate on or after Jan 1 who knows what it will say?

BTW I applied for my rebate in August. It was approved by CCA about two weeks later. That just means CCA forwarded it onto BMW NA. I still haven't received a check.

I would think however with something so prominent as the advertising of the immediate rebate, they would revise it. It's not a big deal for the web manager to change this.Besides being shown on the primary membership page they have a dedicated linked page detailing the program. With immediate rebate also shown in the terms/conditions.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 09:35 AM   #105
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

mrjoed2 can't hurt to ask! keep us posted. good luck!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 02:12 PM   #106
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
"BMW NA reserves the right to make program changes without prior notification."

BMWCCA can offer and do what they want, but as people mentioned before...it falls on BMWNA. Maybe it is a shady way to get more members, but BMW is going to do what BMW is going to do.
They (BMW CCA) were actually very helpful when I called to ask about my spouse's rebate as an Associate Member. Have to say much more helpful than any time I called BMW NA about software support.
Appreciate 1
      12-22-2019, 03:27 PM   #107
gofast182
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
I got two rebates this year with two new BMW purchases. The first one was when I purchased my X5 this time last year. It took 3 months to get the first check and 3 weeks for the second rebate check this summer from my M2C purchase. The club is worthy to join regardless of the rebates.
We got one on our X5 in Feb. and I've got another coming on my new M340i.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 06:59 PM   #108
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Seems pretty straight forward to me. For those who don't know, this is the meaning of "Apply" as used in the BMWCCA website.

From the Webster Dictionary. "Apply: to make an appeal or request especially in the form of a written application". Since when did "Apply" change from the above meaning to "Get" or to "Receive"?

How many people have "Applied" for a job but didn't get it? If they didn't get the job, even though they met all the qualifications and filled out the application correctly, does that mean the hiring authority didn't live up to the advertised job position opening every time someone "Applied" for the job but didn't get it?

It's all spelled out on their website. Someone correct me if I'm wrong and show me where it says you're guaranteed to get $1000.00 rebate just by filling out their application by the end of the this month.

I don't see this as being anything out of the ordinary at all. Nor do I see at as misleading. The rebate, in it's current form on the website, has said the same thing for the last 3 months. I applied for the rebate at the beginning of October. It said the same thing that it says now.

Man how times have changed...
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 08:52 PM   #109
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
Seems pretty straight forward to me. For those who don't know, this is the meaning of "Apply" as used in the BMWCCA website.

From the Webster Dictionary. "Apply: to make an appeal or request especially in the form of a written application". Since when did "Apply" change from the above meaning to "Get" or to "Receive"?

How many people have "Applied" for a job but didn't get it? If they didn't get the job, even though they met all the qualifications and filled out the application correctly, does that mean the hiring authority didn't live up to the advertised job position opening every time someone "Applied" for the job but didn't get it?

It's all spelled out on their website. Someone correct me if I'm wrong and show me where it says you're guaranteed to get $1000.00 rebate just by filling out their application by the end of the this month.

I don't see this as being anything out of the ordinary at all. Nor do I see at as misleading. The rebate, in it's current form on the website, has said the same thing for the last 3 months. I applied for the rebate at the beginning of October. It said the same thing that it says now.

Man how times have changed...
That is the point, the BMWCCA rebate program has NOT changed on their website. In fact going through the application process it has the below at the beginning. Also this very different than applying for a job. There are specific terms & conditions spelled out to be eligible for the rebate. If you meet all of them, there is no reason you would not receive it. There would need to be a reason for the denial correct?
How is being say 1 of 25 job applicants the same as this specific rebate program? They can give the job to whoever they please & you have no recourse. Here if you meet the criteria, you will receive the rebate.
Or maybe your saying it's a scam & their denying random valid submissions?

BMWCCA REBATE APPLICATION

Please make sure you have all documentation ready in a digital format, preferably a PDF or Image file, before you begin this process. You will need a copy of your Bill of Sale, Certificate of Title, or Lease Agreement and potentially an Odometer Statement along with the VIN of your car to finish your application.

Our rebate is not applicable if your car is new and in excess of 1000 miles and if you have do not have at least a 3 year membership or have not been a member of the club for at least a year with no interruption. Please consult our website first for more details on our program: https://www.bmwcca.org/vehicle_rebate

After you have submitted your application you can expect to wait at least 8 weeks while our staff reviews and verifies your application.

If you need to reach out to our staff to make any changes in your application after you have submitted it, please email us at rewards@bmwcca.org.

You will be notified via email of any changes in the status of your application.

If your application is approved by BMW NA then you will receive a check in the mail for the amount of the rebate you have applied for.

Thank you and have a great day!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 09:14 PM   #110
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

^ The rebate program has not changed and the web site is 100% accurate. That said, if a change is coming then they should post a message that says "As of January 1, 2020 ......."
Appreciate 0