nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toofdocta View Post
How do I find out if my build has B&W sounds?

And how do I know what number week my car is scheduled for production?

I have a production number and online status is now showing "Scheduled for production" but it doesn't say when or which week?
I'd you didn't option B&W when you ordered it, you won't get it as it's not standard on any X5 variant. if you did order it, it should be listed in the order details, or you can enter your VIN into a decoder and look for its build code. you can call the GENIUS hotline for more specific dates not seen on the online progress bar. what X5 variant did you order?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 10:52 AM   #46
Toofdocta
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
I'd you didn't option B&W when you ordered it, you won't get it as it's not standard on any X5 variant. if you did order it, it should be listed in the order details, or you can enter your VIN into a decoder and look for its build code. you can call the GENIUS hotline for more specific dates not seen on the online progress bar. what X5 variant did you order?
Just emailed my SA and he replied to share the B&W isn't available yet, but on Monday, 1/10 his dealer will contact BMW to ask if B&W (6F1) can be manually inserted into my order.

My order status is now "Scheduled for Production" which changed just yesterday from "Order Received"

So I hope BMW will give my dealership good news on Monday that B&W can be inserted into my order and will be available. I thought I read somewhere that B&W were supposed to be available again in Jan 2022.

I ordered a X6M Competition on 12/23/2021 so unfortunately I don't have a VIN at this time to get all of my build codes. All I have is my production number to track status in "My Garage". I'll start my own thread soon here to share my story and specs.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by Toofdocta; 01-08-2022 at 01:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 11:11 AM   #47
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
note that once your car goes into status 150 (production started), changes can no longer be made to your order. good luck!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2022, 01:41 PM   #48
Toofdocta
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
note that once your car goes into status 150 (production started), changes can no longer be made to your order. good luck!
I know! That will be the next step so so hopefully we’ll get this B&W status sorted out.

TBH, even if my order don’t get the B&W sound, who cares. I’d save $3,400! 😆
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2022, 07:49 PM   #49
edb4164
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW ///M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toofdocta View Post
I know! That will be the next step so so hopefully we’ll get this B&W status sorted out.

TBH, even if my order don’t get the B&W sound, who cares. I’d save $3,400! 😆
I know it's been a while but checking if you were able to add B&W.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0