BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-19-2022, 05:35 PM   #1
Adro117
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45E

2023 X545e delivered! Any tips on inspecting the car before accepting it

Hi all. My 2023 arrived at the dealer today and I am super excited to get it!

Xline
Graphite Metallic
Cognac Sensafin
DAPP
Parking Assistance
Executive Package
HK
20 inch wheels
Heated Seats
Climate Control

I have never bought a car to order before. I test drove a 22. It is expected that I test drive it first? Other than a walk around of the exterior and interior, is there anything else that I should look for? Should I expect the tank to be filled and battery full? Thanks
Appreciate 3
      08-19-2022, 06:29 PM   #2
timmyjd
Arctic Monkey
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90(retired), '14 F06, '23 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adro117 View Post
Hi all. My 2023 arrived at the dealer today and I am super excited to get it!

Xline
Graphite Metallic
Cognac Sensafin
DAPP
Parking Assistance
Executive Package
HK
20 inch wheels
Heated Seats
Climate Control

I have never bought a car to order before. I test drove a 22. It is expected that I test drive it first? Other than a walk around of the exterior and interior, is there anything else that I should look for? Should I expect the tank to be filled and battery full? Thanks
Hi

I don't think you necessarily need to test drive it, but you certainly can if you want to. In my experience with my delivery, the finance manager waited on us signing all the paperwork until the car was brought around from detailing for my inspection. I did a walk around, expected interior and exterior and tested the doors and electronics briefly. I also read through the sticker to confirm features ordered. The finance manager made a joke that they don't want there to be a mistake and we sign paperwork only to find out the vehicle had the wrong specs.

The vehicle should come fully charged. I was told the dealer prep and activation requires a full initial charge which is an overnight charge. Mine came with a complimentary full tank of gas, but I have seen some dealerships add that cost to the purchase order (kinda cheap move if you ask me).

Congrats and enjoy! Take pics.
Appreciate 1
      08-21-2022, 05:44 AM   #3
Adro117
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45E

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyjd View Post
Hi

I don't think you necessarily need to test drive it, but you certainly can if you want to. In my experience with my delivery, the finance manager waited on us signing all the paperwork until the car was brought around from detailing for my inspection. I did a walk around, expected interior and exterior and tested the doors and electronics briefly. I also read through the sticker to confirm features ordered. The finance manager made a joke that they don't want there to be a mistake and we sign paperwork only to find out the vehicle had the wrong specs.

The vehicle should come fully charged. I was told the dealer prep and activation requires a full initial charge which is an overnight charge. Mine came with a complimentary full tank of gas, but I have seen some dealerships add that cost to the purchase order (kinda cheap move if you ask me).

Thank you!! The vehicle came fully charged with a full tank of gas. I did an exterior and interior walkthrough. Asked them to fix some details (smudges from their detailing). Car was inside so I couldn’t drive it yet, but the car was driven by their technicians for a few miles for their testing. I’ll post some pictures today
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 03:09 PM   #4
timmyjd
Arctic Monkey
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90(retired), '14 F06, '23 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adro117 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyjd View Post
Hi

Thank you!! The vehicle came fully charged with a full tank of gas. I did an exterior and interior walkthrough. Asked them to fix some details (smudges from their detailing). Car was inside so I couldn’t drive it yet, but the car was driven by their technicians for a few miles for their testing. I’ll post some pictures today
Great. Congratulations and enjoy!
Appreciate 0