BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-27-2023, 09:24 AM   #23
Gene Horr
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by modesa View Post
Who doesn't check the $1600 leather air vent slat box? Check and see if he has the leather covered fuse box too or if he's a fake ass poser.
Folks, what we have here is the Best Post of the Day winner.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2023, 03:21 PM   #24
Sondo
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5

Hey Mb007: I just experienced the exact same thing…hook-on phone mount pulled the metal 2024 lower vent blade out.

BUT…I examined it with a flashlight and saw that the blade merely slips into two curved slots. I used needle-nosed pliars and was able to slide it back in.

I will switch to another type of mount in the future. (And, of course use my phone safely… but for important purposes, which are nobody’s business but my own.) I hope your blade slides back in too!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2023, 03:43 PM   #25
cobramite
Banned
Rep
Drives: '24 X6 M60i, '22 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb007 View Post
This is my 5th and most expensive bmw and have never had this happen in any previous car. So sticking with my theory that they went budget on the new models vent blades…

Using a mounted phone in your car can offer several benefits over relying solely on CarPlay, provided it’s used responsibly. It’s important to note that, in this case, the phone is only used when the vehicle is parked to ensure safety and compliance with road laws. Here are the advantages of using a mounted phone under these circumstances:

1. Full App Accessibility: When your vehicle is parked, you can take advantage of having access to all the apps on your device, going beyond the limited selection available on CarPlay. This can be a convenient time to use apps that are essential but not supported by CarPlay.
2. Real-Time Notifications: Being parked allows you to safely check real-time notifications without the distractions of driving. This includes messages from work-related apps or social media notifications that you would not be able to access through CarPlay.
3. Better Integration with Other Devices: Utilizing your phone while parked can enable better integration with other devices and services you use, potentially syncing more seamlessly with wearables and smart home devices than you could through CarPlay.
4. Customizable Interface: While parked, you can customize your phone’s interface to suit your preferences, arranging apps and features in a way that makes the most sense for you, an option not available with the standardized CarPlay interface.
5. Familiarity with the System: Using your phone directly when parked can be more intuitive as you are already accustomed to the interface, potentially making for a smoother user experience compared to adapting to CarPlay’s different setup.
6. Better Camera Accessibility: In scenarios where you need quick access to your phone’s camera while the car is parked, this can be more straightforward with a mounted phone compared to going through the CarPlay interface.
7. Cost-Effective: For those with older vehicles without built-in CarPlay, using a mounted phone can be a more cost-effective solution than installing an aftermarket CarPlay system.

By only using the mounted phone when parked, you can enjoy these benefits without compromising on safety, ensuring that you remain focused on the road when the vehicle is in motion.
Really? Do yourself a favor and pay less attention to your damn phone. Not trying to be difficult but there are many of us who need to chill with these things myself included up until a couple months ago. You can live a very full life without your phone within reach at all times.

Last edited by cobramite; 10-03-2023 at 05:40 PM..
Appreciate 0