F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover > 2015 BMW 335i M-Sport Estoril Blue
Studio RSR

10-11-2023, 08:43 PM   #1
WaarrEagle
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 Estoril Blue 335 Sedan

2015 BMW 335i M-Sport Estoril Blue

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
I am relocating to a northern climate for work and recently sold my 335i to Carvana. It was my baby since I bought it CPO in 2018 and I want it to go to a good home. It is in incredible shape, I did all the maintenance myself, and all common issues have been sorted. Never tuned. Charge pipe replaced last year, new AGM battery this year, and I did an oil change and oil filter housing gasket the week before I sold it.

I would love to hear that an enthusiast buys it so I want to post a link here:
https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/2867043

Happy to answer any questions. The only thing I think it needs are tires and it should be good to go for a while!

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-11-2023, 11:13 PM   #2
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
You could have kept it! I’m assuming you sold it because it’s rwd. That’s not a problem with a good set of winter tires. I’m coming up on my twelfth winter in Chicago in a rwd 3er with a dedicated set of wheels and winter tires and I’ve never had a problem. In fact, I do better than the awd cars on all season tires.

btw, I moved here from Fort Worth.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

10-12-2023, 12:09 PM   #3
a5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
You could have kept it! I’m assuming you sold it because it’s rwd. That’s not a problem with a good set of winter tires. I’m coming up on my twelfth winter in Chicago in a rwd 3er with a dedicated set of wheels and winter tires and I’ve never had a problem. In fact, I do better than the awd cars on all season tires.

btw, I moved here from Fort Worth.
So a foot deep snow and you're good with that setup? Can you push through 2ft?

I'm car shopping and wondering about this since I'm in Chicago too. Feel like AWD would just be better but how often would I need it's capabilities...

Anyway OP good on you for sharing the history on your car. Looks great and well maintained and cared for. Hopefully it goes to an enthusiast.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 01:12 PM   #4
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by a5m View Post
So a foot deep snow and you're good with that setup? Can you push through 2ft?

I'm car shopping and wondering about this since I'm in Chicago too. Feel like AWD would just be better but how often would I need it's capabilities...

Anyway OP good on you for sharing the history on your car. Looks great and well maintained and cared for. Hopefully it goes to an enthusiast.
I’ve never had to drive through two feet and I’m not sure about a foot, but at least 8” or 10” with no problem and I have always had the lowered, sport suspension. I’m in the city, so they start plowing as soon as the snow starts falling. I have driven more than once in heavy snow as it was falling and the roads had not yet been plowed. The actual driving in over a foot probably wouldn’t be that much of a problem. It would be the fact the car sits low and the M Sport bumper adds to that. But, as I said, I’ve never had that circumstance.

10-12-2023, 09:10 PM   #5
a5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I’ve never had to drive through two feet and I’m not sure about a foot, but at least 8” or 10” with no problem and I have always had the lowered, sport suspension. I’m in the city, so they start plowing as soon as the snow starts falling. I have driven more than once in heavy snow as it was falling and the roads had not yet been plowed. The actual driving in over a foot probably wouldn’t be that much of a problem. It would be the fact the car sits low and the M Sport bumper adds to that. But, as I said, I’ve never had that circumstance.
Funny you mentioned city, because 9/10 people I meet who claim to be from Chicago are actually in the burbs I'm actually in the city too.

Good to know though, thanks. We have parking behind our building and nobody plows it. We clean it ourselves. My current WRX obviously has no issues, but can only picture a RWD struggling, even on the best winter setup. Plus there's a pretty good uphill portion out the alley to pull onto the street which won't help.

Maybe I'll just move to Texas. Problem solved
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 10:16 PM   #6
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Funny you mentioned city, because 9/10 people I meet who claim to be from Chicago are actually in the burbs I'm actually in the city too.

Good to know though, thanks. We have parking behind our building and nobody plows it. We clean it ourselves. My current WRX obviously has no issues, but can only picture a RWD struggling, even on the best winter setup. Plus there's a pretty good uphill portion out the alley to pull onto the street which won't help.

Maybe I'll just move to Texas. Problem solved
Three words to your Texas idea. Too damn hot!! I love Texas, but after discovering how much I loved Chicago I just couldn’t keep enduring the heat. One summer shortly before I moved it just kind of hit me. “I can’t do anything in the summer here, because it’s too damn hot!!” That’s pretty much when I decided to move. I sublet a place here for the first nine months, which took me through the winter, to be sure I wanted to make it permanent.

After this last mayoral election I started thinking about returning to Texas, but when I made the trip to Raleigh, NC in July to pick up my current car a day and a half there convinced me I cannot return to that kind of heat for seven to eight months out of the year. Summer gets going in April and doesn’t end until sometime in October.

10-13-2023, 10:51 AM   #7
a5m
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Three words to your Texas idea. Too damn hot!! I love Texas, but after discovering how much I loved Chicago I just couldn’t keep enduring the heat. One summer shortly before I moved it just kind of hit me. “I can’t do anything in the summer here, because it’s too damn hot!!” That’s pretty much when I decided to move. I sublet a place here for the first nine months, which took me through the winter, to be sure I wanted to make it permanent.

After this last mayoral election I started thinking about returning to Texas, but when I made the trip to Raleigh, NC in July to pick up my current car a day and a half there convinced me I cannot return to that kind of heat for seven to eight months out of the year. Summer gets going in April and doesn’t end until sometime in October.
You know what I'm gonna say as a Chicago native right? Too damn cold!! Lol yea my sister lives in Tucson. Been there enough times including summers to know exactly what you're talking about. But with over 30+ years of dealing with freezing winters it still doesn't sound bad to me. Was in McKinney a couple weeks ago and while it was in the 90s, I actually loved it. Grass is greener and all I guess. Like you, realized that although the heat is unbearable I rather have that than cold.

Maybe another 30 years in Texas and I'll be feeling the same lol. Also sorry to OP for derailing, hopefully car is getting more exposure
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2023, 11:28 AM   #8
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You know what I'm gonna say as a Chicago native right? Too damn cold!! Lol yea my sister lives in Tucson. Been there enough times including summers to know exactly what you're talking about. But with over 30+ years of dealing with freezing winters it still doesn't sound bad to me. Was in McKinney a couple weeks ago and while it was in the 90s, I actually loved it. Grass is greener and all I guess. Like you, realized that although the heat is unbearable I rather have that than cold.

Maybe another 30 years in Texas and I'll be feeling the same lol. Also sorry to OP for derailing, hopefully car is getting more exposure
Yeah, it’s the duration of the heat that’s the big issue. What I found for me was by the end of July I had all I could stand and I knew I still had all of August and probably all of September still to go. It wears on you and heat saps your energy. I have a sister who lives in Phoenix. This summer their high temperature was over 110 degrees every single day in July and that’s not even mentioning how many days in a row over 100 degrees. Their low overnight temperatures were higher than our high daytime temperatures. Generally the only months it gets bitterly cold in Chicago are January and February and even then it’s not continuous. It’s usually maybe a week at a time. I can deal with that, because the summers are fantastic. There are way, way, way more things going on in Chicago during the summer than there are in Texas. One thing I really like about Chicago weather is the majority of the time you can actually see the temperature start getting cooler as August progresses.