BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-31-2024, 10:20 AM   #1
Hendoo
Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: Shopping for X3 or X5

Multi-contour seats — same for all x40i?

Greetings everyone.

I hope to be ordering an x40i soon.

I think I want the multi-contour seats, but want to verify that I am comfortable in them before ordering.

All of the cars on nearby lots that have the multi-contour seats also have the M-Sport package, which I am not planning to buy.

Are the M-sport multi-contour seats the same as those without the M-sport package?

Similarly, are the sensafin and Leather seats the same other than the cover material?

Thanks in advance! This board is a phenomenal resource for new shoppers like me.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2024, 11:11 AM   #2
LuckyBrand
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15, G05 X5, G80 M3 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendoo View Post
Greetings everyone.

I hope to be ordering an x40i soon.

I think I want the multi-contour seats, but want to verify that I am comfortable in them before ordering.

All of the cars on nearby lots that have the multi-contour seats also have the M-Sport package, which I am not planning to buy.

Are the M-sport multi-contour seats the same as those without the M-sport package?

Similarly, are the sensafin and Leather seats the same other than the cover material?

Thanks in advance! This board is a phenomenal resource for new shoppers like me.
Yes the seats are the same m-sport vs x-line.

My experience is that I felt like the sensafin seats had more padding and felt softer than leather. They felt like they had more material in them. As far as internals and structure I would assume they would be the same except for padding and cover.
      03-31-2024, 03:30 PM   #3
Hendoo
Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: Shopping for X3 or X5

Thanks lucky! VERY helpful info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBrand View Post
Yes the seats are the same m-sport vs x-line.

My experience is that I felt like the sensafin seats had more padding and felt softer than leather. They felt like they had more material in them. As far as internals and structure I would assume they would be the same except for padding and cover.
Appreciate 1
LuckyBrand1454.50