BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-16-2024, 07:08 PM   #23
Highline-Autos.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep
Drives: '15 BMW i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkGS View Post
How did you get the different pricing estimates?

You can email me at tgibson@highline-autos.com for coverage lengths, pricing, deductible options and an example contract that explains coverage.

-T. Gibson

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2024, 09:37 PM   #24
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

^^Curious what expectations are we suppose to have with the retailer that sells the insurance after purchase? Everything should be handled between the dealership you bring the car for service and Fidelity at that point no?

Alan
      05-17-2024, 09:21 AM   #25
MADBMWX5MC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

Alan, you are spot on.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2024, 10:02 AM   #26
Highline-Autos.com
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
^^Curious what expectations are we suppose to have with the retailer that sells the insurance after purchase? Everything should be handled between the dealership you bring the car for service and Fidelity at that point no?

Alan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADBMWX5MC View Post
Alan, you are spot on.
I can see everything for our Fidelity customers with our access to their system. Claims filed, status, payouts, we handle all transfers and pro-rated refunds for our customers, most of the time it is coverage and process questions that we either do for, or advise our customers on.

I have had plenty of situations where the customer calls me saying "The dealership is telling me Fidelity won't pay for my wheel and tire repair"... when really Fidelity is waiting for an official repair order or photos of the damage to be provided by the dealership to the claims department.

A couple phone calls on our end as the Fidelity retailer and I am able to bridge the communication gap between the dealership and Fidelity, get the dealership their money for the repairs, and our customer on their way.

Trenton O. Gibson
tgibson@highline-autos.com
Highline Autos
Direct: 602.909.9216
Office: 480.348.0777

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2024, 10:22 AM   #27
MADBMWX5MC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

Trenton, have you had cases where there is a disagreement between the cost of a repair as determined by the dealer and what Fidelity states it should cost? Lets say on repair X, the dealer states it would cost $3K, but Fidelity disagrees and states it should cost $2,500. What happends next? How is this solved so that the customer does not end up paying the difference? Just curious, thx
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2024, 12:23 PM   #28
Highline-Autos.com
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADBMWX5MC View Post
Trenton, have you had cases where there is a disagreement between the cost of a repair as determined by the dealer and what Fidelity states it should cost? Lets say on repair X, the dealer states it would cost $3K, but Fidelity disagrees and states it should cost $2,500. What happends next? How is this solved so that the customer does not end up paying the difference? Just curious, thx
No sir I have not, Fidelity uses ALL DATA OEM labor times that are set by BMW regularly, so there are not any surprises for either parties involved in the service center.

Fidelity will also pay the posted labor rate for any dealership, it does not matter if Beverly Hills, CA BMW charges $300 an hour and BMW Louisville, KY charges $185 an hour, Fidelity will pay both no problem.

Trenton O. Gibson
Highline Autos

Appreciate 2
MADBMWX5MC1520.50
boi222195.00
      05-20-2024, 12:46 PM   #29
BlkGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
How does fidelity feel about modifications, out of curiosity? Do they even ask? If my transmission were to go out, and the engine just so happened to be supercharged, either as a specialty model like say, a Shelby, or just aftermarket alone, would they care?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2024, 01:06 PM   #30
Highline-Autos.com
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkGS View Post
How does fidelity feel about modifications, out of curiosity? Do they even ask? If my transmission were to go out, and the engine just so happened to be supercharged, either as a specialty model like say, a Shelby, or just aftermarket alone, would they care?
They do not know what is not disclosed to them or would come up on a visual inspection. Anything beyond a tune and exhaust, you're running risk in having drivetrain claims voided due to performance modifications.

If it came from the factory as a special edition and everything is OEM, then no problem.

Trenton O. Gibson
Highline Autos

Appreciate 1
TTTTTTT156.00
      05-20-2024, 03:13 PM   #31
azm3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 20 X5MC, 96 SC M3, 14 PTS GT3

I got the Fidelity Platinum for my 20' X5MC, was a great deal have been told they are easy to work with. I got through Steingold: https://steingoldvolvocars.factorypr...ine-quote.html
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2024, 03:39 PM   #32
Highline-Autos.com
Rep

As mentioned Highline Autos is the only discount Fidelity retailer that offers customer support post sale. There have been a number off accounts where other Fidelity retailer customers have ended up reaching out to me for help due to the unresponsiveness of their retailer.

Trenton O. Gibson
Highline Autos

Last edited by Highline-Autos.com; 05-20-2024 at 03:45 PM..
Appreciate 0