03-01-2022, 05:39 AM   #243
seeryb@
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColC View Post
Taken delivery of my car today. Its finally here, I told them not to wash it, they even left the big white plastic film on it. The only thing missing was a display key. I thought comfort access came with the display key. Apparently its all been moved to your phones digital key.

congrats! Enjoy!...
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 05:46 AM   #244
ColC
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

It needs a good wash, the coffee/black leather looks alright. It feels a lot bigger than my old F Pace.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
Makefish118.50
Drmsa43.00
Tomo2817.00
      03-01-2022, 06:04 AM   #245
seeryb@
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
It needs a good wash, the coffee/black leather looks alright. It feels a lot bigger than my old F Pace.
lovely - best of luck with it! hard not to be getting excited now!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 06:11 AM   #246
Makefish
Ex Moddy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 45e

The white decals look a bit rough around the edges, not what you'd expect from BMW

.... looks lovely though!
X5 45e in Arctic Grey with Merino Leather, Technology Plus Pack, Comfort Pack, M Sport Pro Pack, Shadow Line Pack, Sky Lounge, Acoustic Glass, Tow Bar, Sun Protection Glass, Sky Lounge, Carbon Mirror Caps and Laser Lights.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 07:29 AM   #247
Drmsa
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e MSport

Quote:
Congratulations! Looks awesome.
We all have some hope! 🤞
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 07:37 AM   #248
retals77
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

She’s finally here!!

Ordered on 2nd June and could have got last week but waited for 22 plate. Original delivery date was 2nd October!

Hope everyone else gets there’s asap.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Drmsa43.00
Tomo2817.00
      03-01-2022, 07:41 AM   #249
Drmsa
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by retals77 View Post
She's finally here!!

Ordered on 2nd June and could have got last week but waited for 22 plate. Original delivery date was 2nd October!

Hope everyone else gets there's asap.
Congratulations!!! Enjoy the ride!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 08:42 AM   #250
ColC
Private
Rep

Tell you what though, theres so many apps, settings and gizmos on these cars! It will take a bit of time getting it up to speed.

Super chuffed it came with air suspension! Its firm but very comfortable, even with big wheels.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 10:26 AM   #251
malvern_man
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40i xDrive

Quote:
Tell you what though, theres so many apps, settings and gizmos on these cars! It will take a bit of time getting it up to speed.

Super chuffed it came with air suspension! Its firm but very comfortable, even with big wheels.
Congratulations, I'm pleased for you

Did it come with the touchscreen?

Are you going to PPF and/or ceramic coat it?

Is it right that only the nearside door mirror dips when you put the car into reverse?

Last edited by malvern_man; 03-01-2022 at 10:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 10:29 AM   #252
malvern_man
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by retals77 View Post
She’s finally here!!

Hope everyone else gets there’s asap.
Congratulations, enjoy your new car
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 04:53 PM   #253
Rickenbacker
Rep

March 1st

Picked up ours today, even with the charging mat I wasn't expecting.
touch screen, touch i controller , wifi, soft close doors, its all present and correct. Feels like a ship, his name shall be Butthead.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 05:46 PM   #254
kenniff
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i 22 model Arctic grey

Just agreed to buy an X5 M50i that left Spartanburg on a boat 2 weeks ago. I think this means it gets to Germany on the 3rd March. Anyone know when I might expect to get it here in the UK? Dealer says week 3 of March….
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 02:20 AM   #255
ColC
Private
Rep

it only takes 36 hours to get to Southampton from Bremerhaven. From Southampton it goes through customs, then upto Yorkshire apparently and then to your dealership. Its usually less than a week to get to the dealer once its reached UK soil.

Once its at the dealers, it will probably be at their depot, they will need to set up the car, put plates on etc, that usually takes a few days. So 3 weeks from Germany to having the keys in your hands sounds reasonable.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 04:40 AM   #256
malvern_man
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
it only takes 36 hours to get to Southampton from Bremerhaven. From Southampton it goes through customs, then upto Yorkshire apparently and then to your dealership. Its usually less than a week to get to the dealer once its reached UK soil.

Once its at the dealers, it will probably be at their depot, they will need to set up the car, put plates on etc, that usually takes a few days. So 3 weeks from Germany to having the keys in your hands sounds reasonable.

Is it right that only the nearside door mirror dips when you put the car into reverse?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 04:55 AM   #257
ColC
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvern_man View Post

I was going to ceramic coat it myself, bought a load of stuff over christmas in anticipation. Il report back if the mirror dips. If you have memory seats and stuff, i think its only the one side that dips. I have parking assist plus specced, so i have the 360 cam. A bit overwhelmed with all the info the car gives. Too many gizmos
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 07:10 AM   #258
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

My car is still at status 9000 despite being due to be delivered next week! At this point I suspect this days will come and go. Ffs …. I'm well over this car and it's not even delivered.

Gone but not forgotten - F80 m3 Comp, F30 340i, F30 - 320i
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 07:38 AM   #259
seeryb@
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan4 View Post
My car is still at status 9000 despite being due to be delivered next week! At this point I suspect this days will come and go. Ffs …. I'm well over this car and it's not even delivered.

keep the faith.... is it showing up with any recalls outstanding or have they been fixed?

my car has been in Zeebrugge since 19/02 got word this morning was on the boat last night should be in Dublin tomorrow so now on status 195

have you checked with the dealer? they should have a 3 digit code? I have found that BMW Genius is not always as up-to-date as dealer systems so maybe worth checking with them also...
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 07:43 AM   #260
Makefish
Ex Moddy
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G05 X5 45e

Quote:
If my experience is anything to go by don't rely on updates from BMW Genius, I've found the status and delivery dates conflict every time I check.

The most accurate information will come from your dealer so keep on at them.
X5 45e in Arctic Grey with Merino Leather, Technology Plus Pack, Comfort Pack, M Sport Pro Pack, Shadow Line Pack, Sky Lounge, Acoustic Glass, Tow Bar, Sun Protection Glass, Sky Lounge, Carbon Mirror Caps and Laser Lights.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 07:54 AM   #261
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makefish View Post
Quote:
If my experience is anything to go by don't rely on updates from BMW Genius, I've found the status and delivery dates conflict every time I check.

The most accurate information will come from your dealer so keep on at them.
I'll give them a call in that case.

The ram fitment hold is not showing as cleared… so no idea what's going on.

Gone but not forgotten - F80 m3 Comp, F30 340i, F30 - 320i
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 09:17 AM   #262
sophd80
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 225XE, X5 45, Aston V8

So I finally got my X5 45E yesterday, I was really worried about mystery deletions given the spec but I appear to have been very lucky.

The only thing missing is the rear seat drop button in the boot (the one you press in the boot to drop the read seats flat)

My main display is touch screen (dealer warned me some had come non touch) my clarity control i-drive button is still touch enabled too, the big surprise was the wireless charging which was deleted on order is actually there and working!

So I'm very pleased and have escaped a lot of the deletions, the foglights for the 45E were removed before I ordered and the rear seat release is a minor annoyance.

My full spec.
X5 45E Arctic Grey,
Black Extended Merino Leather,
Bowers Wilkins audio,
Technology Plus Pack, Driving assistant pro, parking assistant plus, heads up display, drive recorder, gesture control.
Comfort Plus Pack, Comfort Access, Soft Close Doors, Read Window blinds, heated & cooled cup holder, ventilated front seats, front comfort seats, front and rear heated seats, heat comfort system, four zone aircon, ambient air, front massage seats.
M Sport Pro Pack, 21" 741's, Msport brakes w blue calipers, sun protection glass, msport seat belts (couldn't delete these), active protection, BMW individual high gloss shoadow line.
Integral Active Steering,
Towbar,
Acoustic Glazing,
High Gloss Shadowline roof rails,
Sky lounge panoramic glass sunroof,
CraftedClarity Controls,
Sensatec Dashboard,
Msport steering wheel,
Msport exterior styling,
High Gloss Shadow Line exterior trim,
Anthracite Headlining,
Dark Mesh effect interior trim,

Usual UK spec air suspension, Adaptive LED lights, folding mirrors, ambient lighting etc.

This car was ordered 6th Aug 21, was originally slated for Dec 25th delivery, was moved up to Oct 24th 21 then pushed back to "mid" 22, landed Feb 26th so by the time they'd prepped it got a new reg and a bunch of flowers for the wait.

As for discounts available I paid £78k for the above spec which I'm rather pleased with given what high spec cars are selling for on Autotrader!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 11:18 AM   #263
kenniff
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i 22 model Arctic grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvern_man View Post

I've not had a G05 before, but have had 2 F15s and an E70. On all of those, both wing mirrors dip, but there's a button you had to slide to make it happen. Might be the same on the G05? I'll ceramic coat mine.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 12:19 PM   #264
Drmsa
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophd80 View Post
So I finally got my X5 45E yesterday, I was really worried about mystery deletions given the spec but I appear to have been very lucky.

The only thing missing is the rear seat drop button in the boot (the one you press in the boot to drop the read seats flat)

My main display is touch screen (dealer warned me some had come non touch) my clarity control i-drive button is still touch enabled too, the big surprise was the wireless charging which was deleted on order is actually there and working!

So I'm very pleased and have escaped a lot of the deletions, the foglights for the 45E were removed before I ordered and the rear seat release is a minor annoyance.

My full spec.
X5 45E Arctic Grey,
Black Extended Merino Leather,
Bowers Wilkins audio,
Technology Plus Pack, Driving assistant pro, parking assistant plus, heads up display, drive recorder, gesture control.
Comfort Plus Pack, Comfort Access, Soft Close Doors, Read Window blinds, heated & cooled cup holder, ventilated front seats, front comfort seats, front and rear heated seats, heat comfort system, four zone aircon, ambient air, front massage seats.
M Sport Pro Pack, 21" 741's, Msport brakes w blue calipers, sun protection glass, msport seat belts (couldn't delete these), active protection, BMW individual high gloss shoadow line.
Integral Active Steering,
Towbar,
Acoustic Glazing,
High Gloss Shadowline roof rails,
Sky lounge panoramic glass sunroof,
CraftedClarity Controls,
Sensatec Dashboard,
Msport steering wheel,
Msport exterior styling,
High Gloss Shadow Line exterior trim,
Anthracite Headlining,
Dark Mesh effect interior trim,

Usual UK spec air suspension, Adaptive LED lights, folding mirrors, ambient lighting etc.

This car was ordered 6th Aug 21, was originally slated for Dec 25th delivery, was moved up to Oct 24th 21 then pushed back to "mid" 22, landed Feb 26th so by the time they'd prepped it got a new reg and a bunch of flowers for the wait.

As for discounts available I paid £78k for the above spec which I'm rather pleased with given what high spec cars are selling for on Autotrader!
Thats an amazing Spec and a great deal you have got yourself.
Could I ask you to post a few pics of the Dark Mesh effect interior trim Please? As well as the car if you can?
I have ordered the Dark Mesh effect interior trim but have never seen it lol.
Appreciate 0