04-04-2021, 04:36 PM   #354
Xmel`
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
You can't code hands off option and I don't advertise how I have it
You mean it is some fiscal thing or something on the wheel that just imitates the touch?
No advertising. That's clear.
Can you at least point to that solution?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 03:07 AM   #355
juhcobywankenobi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 330i

Garage List
2019 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy311 View Post
The only traffic light assistance I would like to see is a quick sound alert when the light goes from red to green. Sometimes the light is just hard to see, or I may he distracted. Should be easy to do, right?
That is part of the system and should be possible with limited coding in SAS, HU and BDC.

Some of the US forum members should be able confirm that they can activate that without enabling the full TLA. I guess you could break it into 3 parts:
1) Traffic Light recognition - displays light status if not green in the console/HUD
2) Stops, either after manual confirmation or automatically, on amber/red lights
3) Warns (visual and audible) when light changes from red to green

Any combination of these should be possible with either coding and/or i-drive menu configuration after full coding.
I can confirm that TL are still recognized but the vehicle will not attempt to stop when the option to "consider traffic lights" is off. It will also provide a reminder if you're not paying attention and the light turns green.

So this certainly makes it a lot safer in the US simply by unchecking that option.

Thanks again for the info ifr!
Appreciate 1
ifr1201.50
      04-06-2021, 04:42 AM   #356
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d Touring xDrive Msport

Hi ifr,
With 03/2021, tla seems to work very well although I am noticing that it no longer signals me with the sound when traffic light turns green. I wanted to ask you if I want test only the highway exits, can I code only the relevant module? (Without emergency exit and other things I don’t need)
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 05:44 AM   #357
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpgiuliano View Post
Hi ifr,
With 03/2021, tla seems to work very well although I am noticing that it no longer signals me with the sound when traffic light turns green. I wanted to ask you if I want test only the highway exits, can I code only the relevant module? (Without emergency exit and other things I don’t need)
it still alerts me with sound, but only when Im not looking forward and the DAC hasn't tracked open eyes.

You can code just highway exits but I haven't tested them independently so you will need to figure the coding out yourself. I believe its qman for exit assistant.

It's a poor feature, as is the no undertake/overtake option. The emergency lane formation is a good concept but also useless when yours is the only car using it
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 07:54 AM   #358
Kacpi_23
Rep
Drives: BMW G20

Hi ifr,
A question to you:

In the dsc/vip ecu (I know not really necessary but I wanted to code it anyway) regarding Land masks it is said to change to 0xffffffff. But the read out values under „werte" are in format 00, 00, 00, 00, 00.

Question is:

Should you change it to the same format: ff, ff, ff, ff

Or really to the format:

0xffffffff

Or even to the format: 0x, ff, ff, ff, ff

Coded the land masks to ff, ff, ff, ff instead of 0xffffffff resulted in no errors and successful coding message.

Thank you for any help or at least indication in this
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 11:00 AM   #359
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

leave as is. the fact its set to all 00's means its not enabled for anyone anywhere, so unless you want to be an alpha tester dont touch.

for reference, if you are changing a werte from xx, xx, xx, xx then you should keep the formatting exactly the same. e.g. 08, 00, 00, 00 would change to FF, FF, FF, FF

The obvious answer is nearly always the right one, even with BMW
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 11:50 AM   #360
Kacpi_23
Rep

Got it. Thanks.
Is there a way to check which of my land masks where 00.00.00.00? Backups has been made prior coding.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 11:57 AM   #361
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

yes, the coding spreadsheet you made to keep track of each and every change you configured.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 12:04 PM   #362
Kacpi_23
Rep

Quote:
yes, the coding spreadsheet you made to keep track of each and every change you configured.
Good point. No other way?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 12:22 PM   #363
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Not that I can be bothered explaining

I've said it many times before. aSLA and TLA is advanced coding.

If peeps don't know how to edit werte, or have the discipline to track changes made to your 2-3 tonne weapon, then you should cut your teeth with bimmercode, or something simple. or pay someone to code it for you. These level of changes are serious.

No more questions direct to me people. Its a community forum, direct them to the community.
Appreciate 2
leightos189.50
      04-06-2021, 01:48 PM   #364
srbs73
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacpi_23 View Post
Got it. Thanks.
Is there a way to check which of my land masks where 00.00.00.00? Backups has been made prior coding.
If you made backups, you can fire up Esys via the EsysX launcher and use the FDL-Editor option under Editors and Viewers.

Search for the specific code and you should see how Werte was set before you made the change.
Appreciate 2
ifr1201.50
      04-06-2021, 02:02 PM   #365
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

Right as says srbs73
Write always ur changes on excel or notepad (or where u want) to repair any problems
it should be simple, the ecus used in the encoding (from memory) were only sas, vip, Bdc and hu_mgu

Bye
Appreciate 2
ifr1201.50
      04-06-2021, 02:43 PM   #366
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Anyone who has esysx can generate stock ncd/fwl configuration without going anywhere near the car, as long as you have saved your FA and SVT.

You can compare the difference between what is currently coded, and what the stock configuration for the car's FA is.

With expert licence you don't even need an SVT - you can make your own for any i-step current or past, as long as you have a saved FA.

It's in the esysx manual.
Appreciate 2
      04-06-2021, 02:50 PM   #367
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Anyone who has esysx can generate stock ncd/fwl configuration without going anywhere near the car, as long as you have saved your FA and SVT.

You can compare the difference between what is currently coded, and what the stock configuration for the car's FA is.

With expert licence you don't even need an SVT - you can make your own for any i-step current or past, as long as you have a saved FA.

Really?? Oh great I didn't know this possibility, thanks for the information ifr.
the generation of the ncd stock files is always found in the manual or is it only related to the part with the expert version?
Thanks

Edit: found on the manual at 5.3.4 NCD/FDL calculation with FA + SVT
I will read it, thanks
Appreciate 1
ifr1201.50
      04-06-2021, 03:15 PM   #368
Kacpi_23
Rep

Also from me: thank you!
Appreciate 1
ifr1201.50
      04-08-2021, 09:08 AM   #369
Kacpi_23
Rep

Quote:

Quote:

It is indeed.
The section for creating stock ncd's out of stock FA and svt is hidden under expert mode -> coding-verification

With created new generated stock ncds you can code them back to the ecus and doing so coding the cat back to stock or you open them via FDL editor and compare with your current codes in your car

Interesting for someone who forgot to create coding sheet and wants to do it now or check the what he has done.

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 3
      04-12-2021, 08:05 AM   #370
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

My U.K. dealer has advised that TLA is not available here by design, so I'd need to wait until BMW enables that functionality @ifr
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 10:13 AM   #371
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahajesh View Post
My U.K. dealer has advised that TLA is not available here by design, so I'd need to wait until BMW enables that functionality @ifr
Thanks for confirming.

They advertised it in brochures and press releases as coming to the UK. They are even still be advertising it in the UK configurator - checkout the 5 series DAP detail.

Strange that they even allow it to be enabled in menu, but disabled with land mask block. Doesn't sound like much of a design to me, more like a mix up.

At least with aSLA in North America, they don't offer the option to automatically accepted Speed Limits, but then block it when you choose to do so.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 10:21 AM   #372
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for confirming.

They advertised it in brochures and press releases as coming to the UK. They are even still be advertising it in the UK configurator - checkout the 5 series DAP detail.

Strange that they even allow it to be enabled in menu, but disabled with land mask block. Doesn't sound like much of a design to me, more like a mix up.
Doesn’t it just?

They said if I have seen it somewhere on a U.K.-spec car, it’s non-standard and only there because it has been added on.

I’m in no rush to have it, but it would be nice to get that functionality at some point soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 10:25 AM   #373
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Doesn’t it just?

They said if I have seen it somewhere on a U.K.-spec car, it’s non-standard and only there because it has been added on.

I’m in no rush to have it, but it would be nice to get that functionality at some point soon.
point them to the configurator. if you can get it work - seems they've messed the BMW UK website up too.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 10:27 AM   #374
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Doesn't it just?

They said if I have seen it somewhere on a U.K.-spec car, it's non-standard and only there because it has been added on.

I'm in no rush to have it, but it would be nice to get that functionality at some point soon.
point them to the configurator. if you can get it work - seems they've messed the BMW UK website up too.
Thanks.

I'll try a different dealer tbh, probably Sandal Wakefield as that's what I've done before when Sytner hasn't played ball
Appreciate 0