BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-02-2024, 09:47 AM   #23
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorito View Post
Clearly, I was given the wrong information or got pushed back. I just called again, and they told me it will start in week 17, April 22nd.

I ordered: x6 40i Carbon black/ black sensafin/ exec package/ Climate Control /DAPP/ M sport PRO/ trailer hitch/massaging seats. Do any of these tend to cause delays?
Unfortunately that happens often. No item/option causes delays on a regular basis. Trying to play that game will drive you crazy. Just wait until you go into Production Begins and you can almost be guaranteed to be on or before the date obtained using the "F12' process.
      04-02-2024, 09:50 AM   #24
gregorito
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Audi Q8

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Unfortunately that happens often. No item/option causes delays on a regular basis. Trying to play that game will drive you crazy. Just wait until you go into Production Begins and you can almost be guaranteed to be on or before the date obtained using the "F12' process.
Thank you. My only consolation at this point is that maybe May delivery will come with better financing... Probably not.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 09:54 AM   #25
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Thank you. My only consolation at this point is that maybe May delivery will come with better financing... Probably not.
You may even get it before May depending when in the week you are built. The rate may gone down, you never know.
      04-02-2024, 05:05 PM   #26
LDT
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Quote:
Clearly, I was given the wrong information or got pushed back. I just called again, and they told me it will start in week 17, April 22nd.

I ordered: x6 40i Carbon black/ black sensafin/ exec package/ Climate Control /DAPP/ M sport PRO/ trailer hitch/massaging seats. Do any of these tend to cause delays?
Those options are not commonly a source of any production delay.
2015 GL 350--diesel burner/highway queen
2013 Audi S6--a beast in it's day
Appreciate 2
JFS00712.00
      04-02-2024, 05:17 PM   #27
JFS007
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5M

I am also an Audi (RS5 Sportback) guy who is switching to a X5MC.

I purchased a X1 M35i for my wife in January, I ended up loving the the performance of the car, and I actually enjoyed the buying process, which convinced me to switch from ordering a RS6 Avant to the X5MC. Audi does not allow special color orders anymore, and that fact combined with realizing that the Audi dealer also really painful haggler, the choice to switch was easy.

I am still waiting for my dealer’s allocation confirmation so I can get in “the system”. I was told that I should know by the end of this week, am anxiously waiting for the green light and a production number 😀
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 11:36 AM   #28
sixsticks351
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F Pace

BMW X6 and special ordering

Hello all.
IÂ’m a newbie here and considering a BMW X6 with Premium and M options.

I currently have a 2021, Jaguar F Pace Dynamic Sport and love it. However, my partner does not. On a recent trip, we rented a BMW X5 for a month.
We both liked the car but hate the “boxy, square” shape which made us lean toward the exterior design of the X6.

Here are my questions and concerns:
The dealership seems to be really be playing hardball, telling me the X6 is in such high demand, once they receive any, they immediately sell. So, absolutely no negotiating. I have never, ever paid the MSRP on any car IÂ’ve leased or purchased and there are too many to count. I find that hard to believe and think itÂ’s more a matter that this model is just getting to dealerships for the 2025Â’s. Does this sound believable to anyone?

In any event, if I want this car, I have to build it. IÂ’m told a 100% refundable deposit of $1500 is required. Obviously, no big deal.
My concern is what IÂ’ve been reading through my research on determining the dealershipÂ’s legit info on their allocations to build what I want. Do I just take them at their word and how do you suggest me inquiring specifically about it? Additionally, regarding the deposit, IÂ’m not getting a straight answer as to the refund ability. My question is, refundable at any point, even after production starts?

If anyone has any reviews or opinions on the X6, that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 11:46 AM   #29
LDT
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Many here have used a broker and received 4--8% discounts depending on the model. Next Level Auto Brokers has many happy clients. If you want the Performance Center Delivery experience in Spartanburg it does not matter what dealer you order from. Dealer discounts are market specific in that some markets are likely to discount but others are not.
2015 GL 350--diesel burner/highway queen
2013 Audi S6--a beast in it's day
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 12:49 PM   #30
redhot47fla
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60, '24 X6 40i ordered

sixsticks351, you are making a good decision. We also did not care for the X5’s boxy form factor, but we did like everything else about the LCI 40i. Hence…the X6. Most here probably would not agree, given the numerical dominance of the X5, but the slightly reduced cargo capacity of the X6 is irrelevant to us and we strongly favor its more sporty look.

We picked up ours this past February at the Performance Center, and we highly recommend that form of delivery if you can make it happen.

As for price, sadly your experience is not unusual. Many BMW dealers will refuse to discount virtually any ordered vehicle. “We’re using a rare allotment.” “We don’t want to be stuck with it.” “We’re just making up any illogical response that comes to mind.”

Also, allocations truly have been and remain rare for the X6.

Here in Tallahassee, we managed a couple of thousand off MSRP from the local (low volume) dealer, mostly due to our previous history of purchases there. I also qualified for the BMW military discount and maybe something else I can’t recall.

As previously stated, a broker may help you. Also, you have many BMW dealers in South Florida - one may be a bit more cooperative.

Mostly, though, I’m writing to assure you that you’re headed in the right direction. The X6 is a terrific vehicle. Be sure to order it with DAPP, and give the Executive Package and Climate Package a good look.
- Retired: Three Lexuses.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2024, 05:25 AM   #31
sixsticks351
Rep

So confused

So, now I’m stuck and frozen on whether to go through the process of building the X6.

First, does anyone know why every dealership in the US has no X6’s and if they do, just one? Is BMW just not producing them or is the car in high demand as, of course, the dealership is telling me? Or, on the flip side, is this model simply not desirable? I don’t get it.

In doing my own extensive research, I’m coming across so many horror stories with ordering the car. From the realistic time to take delivery to cars significantly increasing in price once the car arrives, to not actually getting the options that were ordered.

I spoke to the dealership, which is a high volume dealership, and was told currently they have no allocations. In 1 day, I’m now being told I would be 20th on their list and instead of taking delivery in 3 months, it could now be 8+ months!

I’m just so confused whether I should move forward to order.

Thanks for any input you may have.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2024, 08:02 AM   #32
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsticks351 View Post
So, now I’m stuck and frozen on whether to go through the process of building the X6.

First, does anyone know why every dealership in the US has no X6’s and if they do, just one? Is BMW just not producing them or is the car in high demand as, of course, the dealership is telling me? Or, on the flip side, is this model simply not desirable? I don’t get it.

In doing my own extensive research, I’m coming across so many horror stories with ordering the car. From the realistic time to take delivery to cars significantly increasing in price once the car arrives, to not actually getting the options that were ordered.

I spoke to the dealership, which is a high volume dealership, and was told currently they have no allocations. In 1 day, I’m now being told I would be 20th on their list and instead of taking delivery in 3 months, it could now be 8+ months!

I’m just so confused whether I should move forward to order.

Thanks for any input you may have.
It is a niche vehicle that doesn't sell anywhere near the volume the X5 does so allocations are much fewer. You can ignore those horror stories, while they happen they are very few and far between.

I would say if you are not under a time crunch to get a new vehicle and you want an X6 then order one.

You should also consider contacting a broker. I see Dan from Next Level Auto Brokers showing 8% off for the X6 which, if accurate, tells me there are some allocations out there.

Good luck and let us know how things turn out.
      05-17-2024, 11:49 PM   #33
Jen4BMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 2022 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsticks351 View Post
Hello all.
IÂ’m a newbie here and considering a BMW X6 with Premium and M options.

I currently have a 2021, Jaguar F Pace Dynamic Sport and love it. However, my partner does not. On a recent trip, we rented a BMW X5 for a month.
We both liked the car but hate the “boxy, square” shape which made us lean toward the exterior design of the X6.

Here are my questions and concerns:
The dealership seems to be really be playing hardball, telling me the X6 is in such high demand, once they receive any, they immediately sell. So, absolutely no negotiating. I have never, ever paid the MSRP on any car IÂ’ve leased or purchased and there are too many to count. I find that hard to believe and think itÂ’s more a matter that this model is just getting to dealerships for the 2025Â’s. Does this sound believable to anyone?

In any event, if I want this car, I have to build it. IÂ’m told a 100% refundable deposit of $1500 is required. Obviously, no big deal.
My concern is what IÂ’ve been reading through my research on determining the dealershipÂ’s legit info on their allocations to build what I want. Do I just take them at their word and how do you suggest me inquiring specifically about it? Additionally, regarding the deposit, IÂ’m not getting a straight answer as to the refund ability. My question is, refundable at any point, even after production starts?

If anyone has any reviews or opinions on the X6, that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks!
I just talked to the GM of my dealership earlier today, who I’ve bought many cars from and he’s rock solid firm on no X6 discount due to high demand and minimal allocations that go immediately. I really prefer the X6. Not sure I’ll be able to bring myself to paying full MSRP though, especially on a 40i.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 01:13 PM   #34
sixsticks351
Rep

Why?

That’s exactly one of my points.
If the X6 is in such high demand, why are so few produced and so few allocations given to high volume dealerships?
The general manager of the dealership I’m dealing with in the Miami area informed me yesterday they are given just 4 allocations a month.
There are 20 people on the list so my calculation (could be wrong) is that it may take close to a year for me to get delivery.
WTH?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 01:48 PM   #35
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen4BMW View Post
I just talked to the GM of my dealership earlier today, who I’ve bought many cars from and he’s rock solid firm on no X6 discount due to high demand and minimal allocations that go immediately.
High demand for the X6???? That's funny.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 03:41 PM   #36
redhot47fla
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60, '24 X6 40i ordered

We have one and love it. It obviously is not in "high demand," as that term generally is understood. But...BMW tries to match production to demand. Hence, it doesn't build a lot of them. Double hence, the relatively few that they build (or allocate) are, indeed, in high demand.
- Retired: Three Lexuses.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2024, 07:34 AM   #37
Jen4BMW
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 2022 X3 M40i

Demand is obviously very low on the X6. BMW releases their sales numbers quarterly so this is not disputable.

Dealers are trying to spin fewer allocations into “high demand” to justify MSRP selling prices. Personally, I would never pay full MSRP but my guess is many do.

I have no idea if BMW needs to build more X6’s but it might be true that allocations are fairly minimal artificially boosting the perception of demand. It’s also possible this is all just another dealer game to boost their PNL on the back of the X6
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2024, 06:12 PM   #38
sixsticks351
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen4BMW View Post
Demand is obviously very low on the X6. BMW releases their sales numbers quarterly so this is not disputable.

Dealers are trying to spin fewer allocations into “high demand” to justify MSRP selling prices. Personally, I would never pay full MSRP but my guess is many do.

I have no idea if BMW needs to build more X6’s but it might be true that allocations are fairly minimal artificially boosting the perception of demand. It’s also possible this is all just another dealer game to boost their PNL on the back of the X6
This is exactly what I’ve been thinking from the jump.
I just really don’t like the square, boxy look of the X5 so now I’m just stuck.
Appreciate 1